Hot water heater

Weatherl

New Northtrail 22fbs first trip the hot water heater has dual controls one for gas and one is electric it is a suburban the water heats great on gas but does not work on electric. I have to drag it about 100 mi. To the dealer and was woundering if any one has any ideas. Would be greatly appreciated.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our Ashland has a secondary switch that is accessed by opening up the outside door where you access the drain plug this switch helps to prevent you from accidentally turning on the electric element while the water heater is empty.

danemayer

Hi Weatherl,

The Suburban water heaters have a 2nd switch on the outside of the water heater. It's a small black rocker switch in the lower left corner. Because it's easy to accidentally burn out the electric element by turning it on inside the control panel when there's no water in the tank, the unit is shipped with the 2nd switch OFF. It may also have a cotterpin that needs to be removed.

If that's not what's wrong, take a look at our owner-written Water Heater Troubleshooting Guide and our Water Heater Usage Guide. They'll help you figure it out.

Weatherl

I found the problem some one had turned the hot water breaker off in the elect panel. Should have looker their first. My bad thanks