How difficult is it to dewinterize?

Chickie

We have a 2008 Big Horn Model 3400. We had our 5th wheel winterized by a professional this winter. We are newbie's to 5th Wheel trailer and to maintenance.

We are taking our 5th Wheel on a camping trip on April 12 - 21 to Quantico, Virginia. Our professional person is booked and can't get to our dewinterize before our trip. :eek: So, we thought why not give it a try...can't be too hard...right?

Does anyone here have a cheat sheet on how to dewinterize a 2008 Big Horn? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This thread may help you.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=62183#post62183

My brother-inlaw showed me a neet trick on winterizing. DO Not use the pink stuff.he opens all the valves and blows air through the lines. i`ve been doing it this way about 4yrs now and i live in Mich. and never had a problem, in the spring time just add water and go camping!!!!.

Chickie

Thank you for the replies

Thank you for the replies. I heard about just blowing the water out. Wasn't aware you could leave it without anti-freeze.

We just lucked out and our professional fit us in so he dewinterized the 5th wheel. Yippeeeee, except we still need to learn this step.

I really like this forum...thank you to all.:D

thanatos

The only thing that I would add about blowing the lines out is to pour some RV anti-freeze in all of your drain traps.

creeper

De-winterize? Hook up a house and run the water at all the taps, open up the hot water tank bypass and you're done.

It takes me about 15 minutes to winterize. Drain the tanks, blow air in the lines and then run the pink stuff through. Dump excess pink stuff in the traps.

What does a professional do?