How do I Hook up a satellite tv (via tripod and out side dish) to the UDC on my 2014 Cyclone 3800

TacoTom

Just wondering How do I Hook up a satellite tv (via tripod and out side dish) to the UDC on my 2014 Cyclone 3800. Is there some info I can download.

I have a tech coming out from Shaw to install my HD PVR and Dish. I am going to use a tripod. The tech says he usually just squeezes the cable from outside through to the inside via the slide. I said I am pretty sure my rig is set up so that all you need to do is connect the cable via the UDC, I am I correct?

Thanks for the help

Tom
:confused:

jnbhobe

If you have satellite connections in the UDC your dish will hook up there,I have one line to the living room and one to the bedroom, the other two go to the roof.

Inside your UDC there should be connection points for satellite and cable, that should be marked. My BC has 2 satellite connections and I use the one on the left. I understand the one on the right goes to the roof (if you want to install a roof mounted satellite.

dbbls59

My Big Country has 4 satellite connections in the UDC. There is a label on the compartment door that explains what each one is.

JanAndBill

Think your Cyclone is slightly different from my BH, but the principal is the same. In our UDC there are cable inputs side by side. There is one direct feed for the coach satellite feed, one for the bedroom feed. There are also roof feeds if your dish is on the roof (requires using jumpers to use). Either on the door or in the UDC there should be a diagram showing which is which. Take your time it can be confusing, once I found the right one, I used a permanent marker to put an "S" on it. In the coach next to the TV there should be two cable outputs, one for the cable/antenna and one for the satellite. Here is the link to the wiring diagram on the Cyclone http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...l_Brands/Cyclone RW Torque Edge 2015 COAX.pdf

I would highly suggest that you run a coax from the dish to the inside first to make sure you have a signal. Once you're sure you have the signal, hook to the coax input in the UDC. Leave the cable/antenna hookup alone. Run a short coax from the satellite connection to your satellite receiver. If you have two HDMI inputs on your TV run an HDMI cable from the satellite receiver to the TV, then use your TV remote to switch inputs. I have multiple HDMI devices, so I had to install and HDMI switch.

Hooking up this way allows you to switch the inputs on the TV so that you can watch local channels over the air using the antenna, or cable (if available).

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Be sure to change the input on the TV using the TV menu to Cable if you are using cable. For satellite you would use the antenna setting but be sure your antenna amplifier is turned off.

pegmikef

Jim, On mine for satellite I just have to change the source on the tv menu to one of the HDMI ports. I don't have to change anything regarding cable/antenna.