How does roof ladder attach? 2012 Cyclone 3950

JohnnyR

Got too close to a tree limb and it pulled one of the upper stanchions out of the collar that attaches to the roof for the side ladder on my toy hauler. Trying to figure out how the upper portion to which side ladder is mounted attaches to roof. I think the stanchion/tubing attaches to the collar somehow (there is a screw protruding from the stanchion that was pulled loose), and then collar attaches to roof with screws. Can anyone enlighten me?

jasons09cyclone

I also would like some info on this too. .. I broke mine loose about 3 years ago been meaning to get it fixed. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You will need to order the replacement stanchion with accompanying hardware. If the parts number label is unreadable, take picture of it and send to your local dealer, or Heartland for replacement part(s). kit comes with stanchion, base and screws.

You will need to buy rubber roof self-leveling sealant (Dicor makes some/sold at Camping World).

Peel back sealant from stanchion base; remove screws, then base; clean area with roof cleaner, rinse let dry.

Reverse install new hardware (don't over tighten screws into roof). Apply the self-leveling sealant and done.

Good Luck.