How good is fire place compared to portable heater?

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Nathan, the fireplace is a no brainer for us. You can use it for ambiance as well as it sure heats up the kitchen, living room area nicely when you are watching that large screen TV, on those cool evenings, wherever you are. I am going to buy one of those nice space heaters, and I would advise strongly of getting dual pane windows. We don't have them, but if I ever buy a new one, both would be first on my list.

jvblade

Canadian Member
Hi Nathan, the fireplace is a no brainer for us. You can use it for ambiance as well as it sure heats up the kitchen, living room area nicely when you are watching that large screen TV, on those cool evenings, wherever you are. I am going to buy one of those nice space heaters, and I would advise strongly of getting dual pane windows. We don't have them, but if I ever buy a new one, both would be first on my list.

Dual pane windows are highly recommended. I was a little hesitant about it because of the extra weight but I'm sure glad I got them. Especially during the last couple of weeks of cold weather. The extra weight is not huge though - only about 150 pounds.

wyleyrabbit

I second what everyone else says. We have the fireplace and wouldn't give it up. There is tons of other storage, so not an issue in my opinion.

jimmiemh

Wow...fireplace and dual pane here in central Ca. Never thought I would, but after the last five minutes of reading this post - sounds like a no brainer. Hoping to step up to a Heartland this spring. Silly me, we are thinking of going up to Grant Grove in Kings Canyon (6500') over New Years...weather permitting. Dual pane and fireplace - YEAAAAA!!!

We opted for the fire place so we don't have to lug our space heaters around anymore. Plus it makes the camper feel cozier. We haven't used our camper but mother-in-law and father-in-law have one in their 3600 rl BH and it really feels like home. Can't wait to use our new 3610RE BH.

rchandler

As to your question, none of the portable heaters are allowed to use more than 1500 watts so they are all essentially the same except for the looks.