How Many Have Fired Their Weapon?

RamblinFever

I was parked on a dark street in Arizona a few years back. This guy approached from the dark and was asking questions as he got closer. When he was about 6 feet from my door he asked "so what would stop me from robbing you right now"? I set the barrel of my pistol on the window ledge and told him I'm thinking the bullet I'm going to put in you if you take one more step toward my door. He ran off into the dark. Not every situation requires firing a weapon to end the threat. You just have to be committed to take it farther if you need to and the bad guy has to be convinced that you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in some cases is considered "brandishing" in many states.

BigGuy82

And in some cases is considered "brandishing" in many states.

Let me think about this for a while ... fight a BS brandishing charge or stay alive ... that's a tough one ... I'm gonna go for "stay alive". That's why God created lawyers.

Also, do you think the slug who tried to rob this guy is going to file a brandishing charge? What's he going to do - call a cop?

RamblinFever

Perp would probably NOT file a report. Unfortunately some state laws are unjust. I agree with your statements. It's making the right decision for the event.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Now wait a minute ...

I'm looking at your signaure map. How did you get Hawaii on your RV map?

If we have been there it goes on the map. I could put on Japan, Mexico, Granada, Dominica, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Jamaca. But that is too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey Ghost

On a Dark parking lot somewhere in California one night, a guy approached the pickup while we were pulled over looking at a map and ask me to give him all my money, I just put the barrel of my .38 on the window ledge and said, I don't think so. He replied what are you going to hurt with that little pop gun? I replied it's not the size of the slug you should worry about, but where I'm going to put it should really concern you a lot! He turned and ran away. Most times you aren't required to pull the trigger, sometimes its all about how you react and what you say. Thank God for that!!!

- - - Updated - - -

67-68 Veitnam 101 Airborne 502 "The Duce" AIRBORNE...

Jim.Allison

The idea is NOT to fire your weapon, except in practice, and I assume that all that carry have fired their weapon there. Peace through strength!!!!! They do not call the Colt 45 "The Peacemaker" for no reason at all.

Download the forms from the canadian firearms commission, pay the $25.00, and don't tell them it's to protect yourself from bears! Canadians love their bears...

Lynn1130

If you are carrying a "Peacemaker" you may want to upgrade in this day and age. The Peacemaker (ie) SAA, Model P, M1873 is a six shot, single action handgun. Great gun but outdated for modern protection.

Peace through superior firepower!

avvidclif

I guess you would call my S&W Model 29 outdated also. But that big old hole in the end of the barrel sure is a stopper.

For those like me whose few brain cells are not working this AM, it's the 6.5" 44 Mag, AKA Dirty Harry Special.

Lynn1130

A little hard to conceal, at least for me. Takes it out of the realm of "concealed weapons".

There is a lesson for those looking for a "concealed" and practical weapon to carry. A .44 Mag of that style besides being hard to conceal for most people, including most women has such a violent recoil that you will probably get one accurate shot before recoil makes it near impossible to recover before being jumped or shot several times by the perp. That is why, while Dirty Harry carried one, most law enforcement did not.

Jim.Allison

LOL, I was focusing on the term "peacemaker" and not necessarily the gun, personally I prefer a shotgun, but in the handgun arena, I use a Kimber 1911 in 40SW. Also a design over 100 years old, but seriously effective and very reliable.

If you are carrying a "Peacemaker" you may want to upgrade in this day and age. The Peacemaker (ie) SAA, Model P, M1873 is a six shot, single action handgun. Great gun but outdated for modern protection.

Peace through superior firepower!

Lynn1130

A shotgun is even harder to conceal.;) Unless you are wearing a Frock coat like the Earps or Holliday.

avvidclif

A little hard to conceal, at least for me. Takes it out of the realm of "concealed weapons".

There is a lesson for those looking for a "concealed" and practical weapon to carry. A .44 Mag of that style besides being hard to conceal for most people, including most women has such a violent recoil that you will probably get one accurate shot before recoil makes it near impossible to recover before being jumped or shot several times by the perp. That is why, while Dirty Harry carried one, most law enforcement did not.

I never said concealed. Sounds like you never shot one very much if you can only get off one accurate shot. Besides 1 accurate shot will usually stop the problem.

Jim.Allison

In Texas if you have a concealed carry permit, you can open carry. If I carried on my person it would be open carry, and the 1911 is easy to open carry, and somewhat easy to carry concealed if you have the right holster. As far as loaded shotguns are concerned, I keep it on the floor board behind the drivers seat for easy access, then I move it to my rig when I set up. I prefer the shotgun because it is mostly legal in all 50 states (in one condition or another). Nothing says "hello" like a 1911. or a 12 ga.
A shotgun is even harder to conceal.;) Unless you are wearing a Frock coat like the Earps or Holliday.