How to add bleach solution to fresh water tank

Sumo

Thanks, Sumo

Lots of info. My Trailer comes out of Storage end of February, And I need to get things ready for use. I have never worried about my fresh water tanks before. Our city water has a very high chlorine content.
I also use the blue filter when filling up the fresh water tank to filter out the chlorine smell and taste.

porthole

Retired
I spoke with Heartland customer service and was advised to use pool chlorine tablets. I found granular chlorine that will be much easier to use in the small amount necessary to sanitize the tank. I haven't calculated what's needed yet. For use to swim in, the chlorine package directions recommend about 1 oz per 10,000 gal. I was thinking something like double that concentration, but for the 50 gal tank size I have.

Swimming and drinking ain't he same thing.
That is the first I ever heard of using pool stuff. Do what you like but the liquid chlorine/bleach method has been very successful for many years.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have read somewhere about using pool chlorine because it is more concentrated than bleach. Which means you need to determine the correct dilution factor before you dump it in your water tank.

57chevyconvt

I agree with John. Worked in a plant that produced many tons of chlorine per day. A little bit goes a very long way, especially when in contact with the internal organs of the human body. Yes, I know that we all do a good job of flushing out the residual before introducing good clean tap water, with chlorine.