How to get the cable in 2015 Bighorn 3750fl working

pegmikef

Re: How do I get the cable to work in 2015 Big Horn 3750FL

Hi, here is a picture of the cable connection under the outlet.

Then, on the LG TV when you scan it will scan for local, cable, etc...

Important! When you connect the cable to the UDC cable input pictured earlier you must turn off the antenna booster or you will not receive the cable signal. The OTA and UDC cable input share the same cable to the living room.

danemayer

When I tried to use that single infeed point on the right wall of the UDC I got nothing. When I plugged the Cable TV coax into the one of two in the top center of the UDC (labeled "satellite feed to living room") I got up and running with no problem. Why does it seem no two trailers are alike? why does it matter whether you're hooking cable or satellite to the TV as long as you find the right location (Living room vrs bedroom)??
Hi Tim and Becky,

The satellite feeds go straight from the UDC to either the bedroom or living room. They will work with either satellite frequencies or cable frequencies. So you can use them for cable, but you'd have to manage the connections to bedroom and living room on 2 separate connection points at the UDC, instead of just one.

The cable feed goes from the UDC to the signal booster where it's combined with the over the air roof antenna signal. The signal booster must be ON for antenna TV, and OFF for cable. Either signal then goes out of the signal booster, and from there eventually gets to the living room. Sometimes there are intermediate stops in the basement or at an exterior location. The signal booster will not pass satellite signals.

On trailers built over the past 2 years or so, the living room may have some pre-wiring that connects to the back of the TV. There can be AVI (RCA Phono R/W/Y) connectors and/or HDMI connectors. These allow you to hook up external boxes, like satellite receivers, or BluRay players, without taking the TV out of its cabinet.

The bedroom closet is the typical location now for both the satellite feed and the cable/antenna feed. There's also a 3rd coax connector, by itself, that goes to the wallplate at the TV. You have to jumper the appropriate connection and route one source or the other to the TV connector.

The din connector is probably the control wire for the rooftop pre-wiring that supports the Winegard Traveler rooftop satellite dish installation.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
why is it when I hook up park cable to my 2016 Bighorn turn off booster I get perfect TV single to the bedroom but living room and ouside TV get poor or any single at all?

danemayer

why is it when I hook up park cable to my 2016 Bighorn turn off booster I get perfect TV single to the bedroom but living room and ouside TV get poor or any single at all?

You probably have a loose connection between the booster and the living room. If there's a coax connector in the pass through basement storage, pull off the wall plate and check for a splitter behind the basement wall.

rmathews

I just took delivery of a 2016 Bighorn 3585 and working out the TV bugs. I'm hooked up to RV park cable TV and had all channels clear on the bedroom TV. But - in the living room many channels were fuzzy. After looking at the cable wiring diagram, it was clear that the cable feed first goes from the UDC to the bedroom connection wall plate. Then it goes to the storage compartment - where it runs through a splitter to the storage compartment TV and to the living room TV. Since the feed to the bedroom TV was perfect, I set the living room TV on a fuzzy channel. I then removed the wall to access the basement to reveal the splitter. As soon as I unscrewed the 12" cable from the splitter the TV picture cleared up - all channels! Upon further inspection of the 12" length of cable, the ends were put on very poorly and one end even looked like it was stepped on. I also found ALL the cable connections behind every wall plate to be loose - many turns loose. Now I need to check out the Satellite connection for use with my Dish Tailgater. Very disappointed the factory cannot get this right. On my previous trailer, I could never get the Tailgater to work through the trailer cable at all - also Curtis trailers couldn't figure it out, so I ran a cable directly through the slide to the receiver.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I just took delivery of a 2016 Bighorn 3585 and working out the TV bugs. I'm hooked up to RV park cable TV and had all channels clear on the bedroom TV. But - in the living room many channels were fuzzy. After looking at the cable wiring diagram, it was clear that the cable feed first goes from the UDC to the bedroom connection wall plate. Then it goes to the storage compartment - where it runs through a splitter to the storage compartment TV and to the living room TV. Since the feed to the bedroom TV was perfect, I set the living room TV on a fuzzy channel. I then removed the wall to access the basement to reveal the splitter. As soon as I unscrewed the 12" cable from the splitter the TV picture cleared up - all channels! Upon further inspection of the 12" length of cable, the ends were put on very poorly and one end even looked like it was stepped on. I also found ALL the cable connections behind every wall plate to be loose - many turns loose. Now I need to check out the Satellite connection for use with my Dish Tailgater. Very disappointed the factory cannot get this right. On my previous trailer, I could never get the Tailgater to work through the trailer cable at all - also Curtis trailers couldn't figure it out, so I ran a cable directly through the slide to the receiver.

On our 2015 Prowler, we had the same issue . . . cable to the bedroom, but nowhere else!

Like you, I discovered that the outside cable line was hooked up to the output of the splitter behind the basement wall, and the other output went to the living room, and the input of that splitter had the 12" coax that went to the cable outlet in the basement for an outside TV.

I wound up removing ALL of the splitters (3) from the trailer and running direct lines to each TV and left the basement outside TV outlet unhooked for now as I have no plans to use it.

What is funny is that the Prowler is at the dealership right now getting warranty repairs done and the TV coax lines are the only thing they don't have done as they can't seem to figure it out, and don't understand when I told them what I did . . . so I think I am going to tell them to just leave it alone since it is working right now, but I was hoping that they would wire it up the way it was meant to be wired up from the factory.

Our previous Heartland trailer also had screwed up TV wiring that I wound up fixing myself (while camping in South Dakota) as the dealer we bought that trailer from didn't have a clue about how to wire it up, either.

This seems to be a common issue from most RV manufacturers.

Apparently the RV manufacturers should have everything done to the trailer in the factory signed off by the person doing the work so that when warranty repairs are made by the dealership and paid for by Heartland they can track down who did the work and maybe get rid of the workers who have a bad repair record and maybe get someone in there who just might take pride in what they do . . . and do the job right the first time!