How-to: Installing Stained Glass Window in Outside Door

MCTalley

We're here at the national Heartland Owners Club Rally and purchased a stained glass window for the exterior door of our coach. While installing it (about 20 minutes), we took pictures and I wrote it up as an article on our blog. If you are considering this option, feel free to follow along with our instructions.

Click here.

dbbls59

Thanks for the report. we've been wanting to do just that very thing but haven't found a window we like yet. Yours looks good.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
They have sold a ton of those here at the rally. We also purchased one and installed it today. It looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

Thanks for the report. we've been wanting to do just that very thing but haven't found a window we like yet. Yours looks good.

Don,
We bought one from him last year at Goshen, he was attending the DRV rally before ours. He's out of Carthage, MO his # 417-850-3752. He's a pretty nice guy, he doesn't make them...he's a middleman.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just curious, what are they charging for them? Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997

VKTalley

Just curious, what are they charging for them? Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997

Trace and Teri, the one we bought was $135, due to the use of beveled glass in the design. The prices are based on the design and type of glass used. They have some very beautiful designs.

macie

Ginger and I would like to thank all of you Heartland Rvers for allowing us to vend our Stained Glass Entry Door windows at your National Rally. A special thanks to those who purchased windows. I know you are enjoying them. For those that still have frosted glass windows Great news. We will have a great selection and inventory for next year.
We plan on vending at your National Rally in Goshen June 2015.
Thank You Malcolm for those outstanding installation instructions.
Sorry I don’t have a Web site. And we don’t ship glass.
Thank You Again
Richard & Ginger Anderson
417-850-3752
richarda1939@gmail.com
Carthage, Missouri

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We had met her several years ago in Rockport at a dealer open house. Very nice lady. At the time she was living in that area as well.
I have spoken to here several times.
She has since left Rockport and moved to Florida.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Cute.
5aqyhe5e.jpg

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
The doxie one on that site is already sold though. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have bought from Kathy (rvstainedglass) about 6 years ago and moved the stain glass a couple of time as we upgraded coaches. We did buy the stain glass from the gentleman at the National rally to put in our new Key Largo because Kathy had sold out of the one we wanted on her website.

Great Job Malcolm on the step by step instructions.
The only thing we also did was add a piece of Lexan to the outside of the stain glass to protect it from the outside elements and give us a double insulation once installed on the door. The gentleman didn't see the need in doing this but the stain glass we got from the National rally wasn't as thick as the one from Kathy so we just felt better adding the Lexan.