how well are you locked

wyleyrabbit

I've gotta jump in here. The dealer did not have a "bump" key, he had a master key. A bump key is different, and far more scary. Goggle "bump key" to understand.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've gotta jump in here. The dealer did not have a "bump" key, he had a master key. A bump key is different, and far more scary. Goggle "bump key" to understand.

You're right. A "bump" key is one that the miscreants make up then insert into your lock and tap it and twist(hence, bump) to get the tumblers to move. Some newer design tumbler locks have the tumblers mounted sideways to prevent them from being jostled. So far, on the 3670, I've replaced the 751 locks with tubular cam locks from Mr. Lock (all keyed the same).

View attachment 8734

The tubular lock will keep a thief with a screwdriver out about 5 seconds longer than the thief with a 751 key. Now you have the door damage as well as lost items. The tubular lock will keep the casual looker out but not a determined one.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The tubular lock will keep a thief with a screwdriver out about 5 seconds longer than the thief with a 751 key. Now you have the door damage as well as lost items. The tubular lock will keep the casual looker out but not a determined one.

That's all I want or expect it to do. Keeping some punk furball roaming around the campground with his daddy's 751 key from window shopping my rig.

porthole

Retired
Have you tried the "bic pen" trick on this tube lock?

Most the campers probably did not see, but at Hatteras, 2 people on bikes rode through the campground sometime between 2-4 am, They were being watched though.