I sure could use help getting my Sony tv & entertainment system to work in my KEY Largo.

Brader

Does anyone have instructions on getting my living room Sony tv & entertainment center to work off the roof top antenna? I'm not sure of the setting.

danemayer

Hi Brader,

1. Check that there is a coax cable connected to the back of the TV. The other end should be connected to a connector marked Antenna/Cable or something like that, but not Satellite.
  2. Raise the antenna
  3. If you have an idea of which way the TV stations are, point the antenna that direction
  4. Turn the signal booster to ON (for cable it must be off). The signal booster is in the bedroom; maybe in the closet. There's a light that illuminates when it's on.
  5. On the TV, go to the menu and set the Signal Type to Antenna.
  6. Select Auto Program on the menu and the TV will find the local stations
  7. If reception is poor or there aren't very many stations, try rotating the antenna and redo the Auto Program.

If you get no stations at all, and you are close enough to expect to receive local channels, you could have a connector problem somewhere between the antenna and TV. If you have a long enough coax cable, you could try running a connection from the signal booster directly to the living room TV to bypass the trailer's internal coax feed. If that works, you'll have to run down the wiring problem, or if under warranty, get your dealer to do that for you.

Good luck. Let us know what you find.

Brader

Wow, your step by step directions are right on. Thank you very much. Is there a sub woofer hidden behind the fireplace?

danemayer

I'm not sure where the sub woofer would be on a Key Largo. Might be behind the fireplace, assuming they're still shipping with sub-woofers. If you try the various EQ settings, you may be able to locate it by the vibrations.

As an aside, the surround sound speakers are used by the DVD player and the radio. If you want the TV to play through the surround sound, you may find this owner written guide helpful. It's one of several located in the manuals section of the forum.

Brader

The link to the manuals will be most helpful. Thanks for that. Is your bedroom tv mount on the wall? My Key Largo did not come with a bedroom tv, so I need to get one. Do you know what type of anchors are used for the wall mounts in a Landmark?

danemayer

The link to the manuals will be most helpful. Thanks for that. Is your bedroom tv mount on the wall? My Key Largo did not come with a bedroom tv, so I need to get one. Do you know what type of anchors are used for the wall mounts in a Landmark?
We have the factory ordered Jensen 19" on an articulating mount. The bracket is something like this. In our Rushmore, the wood panel that the bracket mounts to sits inbetween two cabinets and is mounted to the cabinets, not to the wall. But I think Heartland can tell you about how to mount a bracket to the wall. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready.

The Jensen bracket detaches from its wall mount so that the TV can also be used in the cargo area. There's a small bracket also attached there, near the coax connector and outlet. If I want to use the TV outside, I press the lever and lift the TV off it's wall mount and slide it into the attachment in the basement.

Brader

I posted 3 weeks ago "I'm betting on no sub woofer. Shame on Heartland." I was totaly wrong. There is a Sony sub woofer. It is behind the fireplace. Sorry Heartland...

Last edited: