I'm back!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Re: It’s been a great ride!

Very well put, especially the part about staying true to HL brand. I moved up a foot at a time with 3 rigs in 3 years. All HL products, mainly to stay in the HOC. That's the kind of family Jim's built. A least the HOC members felt loyalty to the club and HL. Apparently Heartland has lost site of the importance of the HOC and looked for other ways to cut corners like the way they cheapened the LM Oshkosh, or replacing more of the nice woodwork with more particle board or a stand alone $40.00 chair in the bedroom.lol
I honestly believe HL, under their new management, is headed down the wrong road. Time will tell.

Well let's give Heartland RV's a little time. This is something that is completely unprecedented and I hope they are just being ultra cautious and will bring Jim B back soon!

Rod

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired

Hi Jim,

There is not much more I can add to what's been said already. Hopefully you'll be back as the Club needs your leadership.

We bought our first fifth wheel in the summer of 2008 and we had never had a trailer before. What a learning curve we had. But with the help of the club members, we received good advice to help along. Without you, this may never have happened.

Our first rally was the 2009 North American rally in Goshen IN where we met you and so many other members who became good friends over the years. We fell in love with the area and had been visiting there almost every year since.

Good luck to you & Nancy in whatever happens in the future.

Regards, Bob & Christine.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Hi Gerry and Debbie - Thank you for your past and continued leadership in the club!

I fondly remember that rally. Poncho's Pond I think. Yes, the French Toast is legendary and not many club members have had it. It's a lot of work but oh so good. Here's hoping for a chance, at a small rally in the future - to make it again! :)
Yes it was Ponchos Pond 2010 and it was our very first rally with our new Elkridge. Good times.

ORV1980

Sherman

Jim,
Back in 2016 I knocked on the front door of your house in Falcon. I was all greasy because I had been working on my car, we lived just down the road from you then. You gave me a wary look when you answered the door but still greeted me with a smile. I introduced myself and explained the reason I stopped was we were thinking of buying a Heartland. You explained who you were and wrote down the HOC website, then invited me to come back the next day to look at Kevin's RV that was in your driveway. I think you wanted me to go away and come back after I cleaned up. :)
I came back the next day and talked to you all. You and Kevin defiantly helped us make the decision to go HL. A year and a half later we purchased the twin sister to the Newport you had at that time.

To try to make this already too long story a little shorter, you have done so much for us in so many ways. We are very thankful to you.

We have now hit the road full time, just over a month now, right before things were too crazy with the Virus craziness. We headed to Texas to thaw out our Chihuahuas and breath more oxygen at this lower altitude. So, it looks like we are neighbors again, kind of.
It looks like we are going to be restricted moving around very much for a while, but we might just cross paths again.

Thank you Jim for your ever present smile and willingness to help in any way you could. I know you will land on your feet!

Sherman & Jerri and the two fur babies

jbeletti

Jim,
Back in 2016 I knocked on the front door of your house in Falcon. I was all greasy because I had been working on my car, we lived just down the road from you then. You gave me a wary look when you answered the door but still greeted me with a smile. I introduced myself and explained the reason I stopped was we were thinking of buying a Heartland. You explained who you were and wrote down the HOC website, then invited me to come back the next day to look at Kevin's RV that was in your driveway. I think you wanted me to go away and come back after I cleaned up. :)
I came back the next day and talked to you all. You and Kevin defiantly helped us make the decision to go HL. A year and a half later we purchased the twin sister to the Newport you had at that time.

To try to make this already too long story a little shorter, you have done so much for us in so many ways. We are very thankful to you.

We have now hit the road full time, just over a month now, right before things were too crazy with the Virus craziness. We headed to Texas to thaw out our Chihuahuas and breath more oxygen at this lower altitude. So, it looks like we are neighbors again, kind of.
It looks like we are going to be restricted moving around very much for a while, but we might just cross paths again.

Thank you Jim for your ever present smile and willingness to help in any way you could. I know you will land on your feet!

Sherman & Jerri and the two fur babies

Sherman! Hello friend - great to hear from you. I think we were deep into a project that day or something. So happy you and Jerri came back the next day for the tours. I think you spent 2 hours in Kevin and Nellie's trailer. It was great to get to know you while we both live in Colorado Springs. Not sure where in Texas you guys are but I'd love to catch back up with you. You have my email and cell. I did get your last message to me about that one service center and Heartland. Take care you guys!

billd

Sorry to hear the news Jim, seems a lot of companies are having to cut back right now. Best of luck in where ever you land. Thanks for staring the Heartland Owners Club for us.

JMP

I believe we will all be back up and running in a month or so, maybe sooner. So, I got to believe HL is treating the current economic state as being in somewhat of a strategic pause.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

I, along with many others, believe this is merely a bump in the road (no pun intended) and we’ll be back. Jim, we’re certainly saddened by this news and the timing of Heartland doing this. As if y’all don’t have anything else to worry about at this time. We have been members since 2009 and have made lots of great friends and been to lots of great places along the way. Thanks for what y’all have done to make the club better as time passed and surely we’ll be seeing y’all again soon. Take care and best wishes and most of all stay healthy!!

jbeletti

I, along with many others, believe this is merely a bump in the road (no pun intended) and we’ll be back. Jim, we’re certainly saddened by this news and the timing of Heartland doing this. As if y’all don’t have anything else to worry about at this time. We have been members since 2009 and have made lots of great friends and been to lots of great places along the way. Thanks for what y’all have done to make the club better as time passed and surely we’ll be seeing y’all again soon. Take care and best wishes and most of all stay healthy!!

Orville - great to hear from you. Thank you and Barbara for your leadership in the club! The club remains intact and that's a very good thing.

I too hope this is just a speed bump and that one day, I will be recalled and back to work at Heartland.

jbeletti

I believe we will all be back up and running in a month or so, maybe sooner. So, I got to believe HL is treating the current economic state as being in somewhat of a strategic pause.

I believe you are right Mike.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear the news Jim, seems a lot of companies are having to cut back right now. Best of luck in where ever you land. Thanks for staring the Heartland Owners Club for us.

Thanks Bill. I hope to land right back where I was. You are most welcome on the club and I hope you continue to take advantage of it.

jbeletti

Hi Jim,

There is not much more I can add to what's been said already. Hopefully you'll be back as the Club needs your leadership.

We bought our first fifth wheel in the summer of 2008 and we had never had a trailer before. What a learning curve we had. But with the help of the club members, we received good advice to help along. Without you, this may never have happened.

Our first rally was the 2009 North American rally in Goshen IN where we met you and so many other members who became good friends over the years. We fell in love with the area and had been visiting there almost every year since.

Good luck to you & Nancy in whatever happens in the future.

Regards, Bob & Christine.

Hi Bob (and Christine)! Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you for your past leadership in the club. Leaders like you guys made my job easier. I wish you both all the best in your new chapter! And here's hoping one day, I'll be recalled to my role at Heartland. Be well friends.

Ducky

Jim;
Diana and I are devastated to hear the news. I remember the first time we met at Ft McDowell and we were the only members that did not have a 5th Wheel (we had the North Trail) and felt so small among the Big Boys. Your kind words and willingness to listen helped us understand we made the right decision in purchasing our Heartland trailer. Shortly after we decided to upgrade to our current BigHorn Traveler 32RS and that decision was the best ever. We wanted to wish you the best and hope to see you at another rally in the near future so we can sit around the propane fire pit and answer your trivia questions (Amado).

jbeletti

Jim;
Diana and I are devastated to hear the news. I remember the first time we met at Ft McDowell and we were the only members that did not have a 5th Wheel (we had the North Trail) and felt so small among the Big Boys. Your kind words and willingness to listen helped us understand we made the right decision in purchasing our Heartland trailer. Shortly after we decided to upgrade to our current BigHorn Traveler 32RS and that decision was the best ever. We wanted to wish you the best and hope to see you at another rally in the near future so we can sit around the propane fire pit and answer your trivia questions (Amado).

Hi Paul and Diana - thank you so much for the kind words and the memory. I hope to be back at the helm one day and see you both at another rally.

Oldelevatorman

It’s been a great ride!

I second their sentiments Jim. Pleasure meeting you & Nancy along the way the last three years and for your help when I’ve asked and all your support to this great group of folks. Hope to see you down the road and hope your new home build goes well in Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I second their sentiments Jim. Pleasure meeting you & Nancy along the way the last three years and for your help when I’ve asked and all your support to this great group of folks. Hope to see you down the road and hope your new home build goes well in Texas!

Thank you for the kind words Jim. I hope to be back but either way, as long as I have an RV, there's a chance we'll meet down the road. Be well you two!

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired

That will teach me to not check in on the forum for a few weeks! I hate to hear this news Jim! Janet and I have enjoyed knowing you guys and really appreciate your support. We hope you will get the opportunity to come back. Looking forward to seeing you down the road. Safe travels my friend.

jbeletti

That will teach me to not check in on the forum for a few weeks! I hate to hear this news Jim! Janet and I have enjoyed knowing you guys and really appreciate your support. We hope you will get the opportunity to come back. Looking forward to seeing you down the road. Safe travels my friend.

Thanks Bill. Thank you and Janet both for your leadership in the Club. I hope to be back but regardless, hope to see you down the road.

jbeletti

I am back!

Hello Heartlanders!

Just a quick note to say that after 53 days of being off - I am back to work at Heartland!

Thank you goes out to Club Manager Julie Hancock for continuing to be the glue that keeps so many things together and running. Thank you also to our Forum Moderators for keeping things running smoothly here.

Finally - thank you to you, owners and members for your kindness to me and to each other here on the forum in my absence.

Once of my first goals is to jump into National Rally planning for Goshen 2021. Be on the lookout for updates on this next month.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Re: I am back!

Hello Heartlanders!

Just a quick note to say that after 53 days of being off - I am back to work at Heartland!

Once of my first goals is to jump into National Rally planning for Goshen 2021. Be on the lookout for updates on this next month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AWESOME NEWS !!!!!!

Can't wait for Goshen Next Year !!!