Indianapolis area campgrounds

babycampers

Is there anyone on this forum that knows the Indy area campgrounds well enough to recommend? We are needing to visit Indy a few weekends per year and so far in researching online, cannot nail down one in the area that has a good and reliable review posted. I read here in the forum recently that someone stayed at the White River County Campground in Cicero which was helpful. Does anyone have other good experiences in Indy? We stayed at S & H in Greenfield last fall and absolutely hated it! Too crowded, noisy, and not at all what was represented at time of reservation with them. I wouldn't suggest it to my friends! We are spoiled by Indiana State Parks, I guess, so we are gun-shy about camping in private and non-State managed parks. Thanks for any helpful and good referrals!!!!!

danemayer

Hi babycampers,

We stayed 1 night at Lake Haven Retreat in Indianapolis on the way to the Goshen Rally last June. I thought it was easy to get our Landmark in and out, the park was well kept and not far from stores and restaurants. Reviews are mixed, but generally pretty good.

We weren't looking for a place that had a lot of amenities for kids, so I'm not sure how they are at that.

MCTalley

Only been in the area once (so far) with the trailer and we stayed at the White River Campground, as well. It is nice, but not exactly real close to Indy. Will be interested to see what others come up with.