info, reccomendations for glacier trip

IronJ

our next trip in august will be north again through tetons, and Yellowstone (where we have been before) but we will continue north to glacier.

looking for info/insight as to where to stay and/or tips and advice about the park

thanks in advance!!

Jeremy and Deidre

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
The last time I rode through Glacier National Park and the Going to the Sun Road, I was on my motorcycle, so I can't give you much help in places to stay etc. but I'll be interested to hear what responses you get. We are hoping to get to Glacier this summer on our western trip. I have no desire to take the camper on that road (not sure they would even let me if I was dumb enough to try) but I would like to camp near there and take the tour of the road.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
No campers on the going to the sun road. Camping in the park is first come first serve. Limited big rig sites. If you're going to be there mid season better have a reservation. The closer to the park the higher the price $$$.
PM me and I'll fill you in. Son lives near Columbia Falls MT west of Glacier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

We will be there late aug-early sept....

I have no intentions pulling the 420-dually train combo down any "scenic" roads....

Bear tooth with my 36ft bumper pull in a freak blizzard cured me of that curiosity. ..lol

I know Yellowstone is same way...limited big rig spots. ..many are non reservable and on first come basis...

Thanks guys I'll pm you travelin2!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Rayz

We travel through the area regularly and anything North of Columbia Falls to West Glacier on Highway 2 is tight curves with little if any space on the curb lane. Mid to large size RV's cannot travel on the Going to the Sun road. Kalispell/Whitefish has a decent KOA and Lakeside (about 6 miles south of Kalispell is nice on the lake and pull thru/ has large rig access). If travelling through Yellowstone you may want to consider going to the North side of Going to the Sun Road in Babb. The highway from Shelby to Browning is decent. From Browning use the Duck Lake Road Highway 464, the road is actually fairly easy to haul on, Babb has the KOA which sits at the foot of the Going to the Sun Road