Installation of Stacked Washer and Dryer in a Big Country 2011 3595RE

We are brand new to this forum ... just bought a 2012 Big Country and want to install a W/D in the closet by the entry door. Was your unit wired for 30 amp, 208 volt already? I have been unable to find a decent dryer that isn't 220V so I am considering rewiring the dryer outlet for a 30-amp, 208V 3 prong dryer plug. Anyone out there who has already done this? If so, I would really appreciate detailed info on accomplishing this.

I am unaware of any Whirlpool stackable units that are 110V dryer equipped ... if I'm wrong, please let me know ASAP.

Jim & Joy Teet
Natasha, Penelope & Conchita
HOC #2033
2005 GMC Sierra, 6.6 Duramax w/ airbag rear axle support

jimtoo

Hi Jim and Joy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

There are lots of folks that have washer, dryer units and I have never heard of any one using a 220v dryer. I'm sure we will get some more comments very soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I just did a quick search of the forum...check these out... Whirlpool WFC7500VW Washer and LDR3822PQ Dryer they are both 120 volt.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We are brand new to this forum ... just bought a 2012 Big Country and want to install a W/D in the closet by the entry door. Was your unit wired for 30 amp, 208 volt already? I have been unable to find a decent dryer that isn't 220V so I am considering rewiring the dryer outlet for a 30-amp, 208V 3 prong dryer plug. Anyone out there who has already done this? If so, I would really appreciate detailed info on accomplishing this.

I am unaware of any Whirlpool stackable units that are 110V dryer equipped ... if I'm wrong, please let me know ASAP.

Jim & Joy Teet
Natasha, Penelope & Conchita
HOC #2033
2005 GMC Sierra, 6.6 Duramax w/ airbag rear axle support

Your Big Country is not wired to handle 208/240 Volt power. Whirlpool makes one 120 Volt dryer. Check back through this thread and you'll find the model number and the model for a compatable washer. The washer I ordered fits within the size limitations of the closet. The mathching dryer is 240 volts. That's why I ordered the not quite matching 120 volt model. I ordered both from Lowes and am just waiting for them to come in to install them. I got a couple of different stacking kits to try out. Figure I can get at least one of them to work or at least modify to work. Also ordered a pan and bought an exhaust kit.

Last edited:

PhilPam

RV trailers are not wired for 240 VAC as such thet are wired for two 120 VAC circuits they can be connected to a standard 240 VAC 4 plug connection. However, there are a lot of campgrounds that do no supply 240 VAC to their power poles. What a lot of campgrounds do is connect both sides (Red leg and Black leg) of their 50 Amp service receptacle to the same black leg they use for their 120 VAC 30 Amp receptacle meaning both of your power legs come from the same black wire of the Black/White/Green power source. We installed a 120 VAC dryer from Whirlpool that is also used for apaqrtment use and it dryers very well and only takes about 10 minutes longer than our home dryer.

PhilPam

Did you get your washer and dryer from Lowes and have you installed it? By the way if you will be going to the Florida Rally in March we will be there. Phil & Pam Lau

boatto5er

Did you get your washer and dryer from Lowes and have you installed it? By the way if you will be going to the Florida Rally in March we will be there. Phil & Pam Lau

Mine are scheduled to arrive this Saturday. Of course we'll be out of town so it will be next Tuesday before we get them. Hope to install them the next weekend after that.

boatto5er

Washer and dryer came today. Unfortunately, the washer had a big dent in the front under the door:mad:, so the DW rejected it. Looks like it'll be anothe 3-4 weeks before I get the joy of installing them:(.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Washer and dryer came today. Unfortunately, the washer had a big dent in the front under the door:mad:, so the DW rejected it. Looks like it'll be anothe 3-4 weeks before I get the joy of installing them:(.

Time to see if you can get a deal on the dented one-if it is not too bad. You think you can still get it in by the NY trip?

boatto5er

Replacement washer arrived late this afternoon. Plan now is to load it and dryer in the RV and take to Myrtle Beach and install while there. I'm sure a few friends will lend a hand :rolleyes:.

boatto5er

Larry and I got the washer and dryer in today. Works great and I don't think we broke anything else, even though we had to take off two doors and some door trim. I had a factory sticker in the closet showing where to drill the hole for the dryer vent. Fortunately, we didn't trust that and drilled a few pilot holes near the target. Good thing we did, the target was off by two inches. We would have hit a stud if we drilled with the target as the center.