Installed "Genturi" to mitigate generator exhaust gas, smell & CO monitor alarm

hoefler

I have a 24 gallon fuel tank that I had custom made to bolt in behind my tool box and aux. fuel tank in the bed of the truck,just for the generator. Works very well once you get it primed.

Herbie

Well, just tested our Genturi set up. 15 hours of generator time and no fumes. Wife is very happy.

034.jpg

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
We have had our 2012/Cylone 3950 out many times, my wife since day #1 says she smells exhaust. It never set off the co monitor until last trip. After checking all of the seals I came to the conclusion that their is no way to totally seal up any rv that has slide outs.

Well, I just installed a Genturi system with an 18" extension (to clear the roof line).
I had to make a new exhaust pipe (longer) so that I could open the cargo door when the Genturi is installed.
I had to make supports for the Genturi stack, They do not offer any extra supports. I camp where it could get windy and didn't want it blow away. So I manufactured supports using suction cups and plumbing supports. I did not want to drill into the siding.

We have not been camping since I have installed it, but I am confident it will be the fix for the exhaust smell.

This is a major health risk (death) that needs to be taken seriously. If you think you smell exhaust - you do.
View attachment 22715View attachment 22716View attachment 22717View attachment 22718

OK so the real Question is where did you get the Suction cups - and how well do they work?

Herbie

I got them at Home depot, in the tile section, and the straps in the plumbing section. It took me at least an hour of looking before I found that combo.
The suction cup worked great, I had to reattach cup to trailer 2 times during 4 days. One night was 25 mph wind and everything stayed put.

Great Idea in the suction cups. I just bought a Gen Turi for our Cyclone and did not want to drill holes in the side either. Will head out to pick up a couple of them in the morning!