Insurance Totalling 2013 300C ti

Lndeatr

Got word today from the insurance agent that they are most likely going to total our Cyclone. Really love that trailer but we have replacement insurance so they will cover the difference to replace it with a 2017 model. The fire damage to the roof and the smoke damage inside is putting the repair cost over the mark.

What I need to know is what 2017 model is equivalent to the 2013 300c titanium edition. Anyone know?

jbeletti

The TI is no longer made.

We'd love to see you stay in the Heartland family if you can find a floor plan that suites your needs.

For others wondering, here's what the CY300TI looked like:
cy300ti.jpeg

jbeletti

I spoke to AJ Jones, the GM of our Cyclone division. He said
"Absolutely the 3611, 3600, 3513 would all be great double axle replacements for the 300c and will be almost the same length."

Garypowell

Be aware that they might not "give" you a 2017. Not sure of your insurance but when I drilled down into my Good Sams they will first try to find you a new 2013 that matches what you had.....then they move up to 2014, then 15, then......well you get the picture.

If you look at the fine print an unsold older unit is still new by definition and obviously less expensive than this years model.

if anyone has any experience other than this l'd love to be wrong.....but everyone I spoke seemed to define their replacement this way.

You can possibly add some dollars to the deal if you have upgraded like disc brakes....but the total dollar is based on the cost of your rig initially.

Sorry for for your loss and please let us know how this turns out.

LBR

The TI is no longer made.

We'd love to see you stay in the Heartland family if you can find a floor plan that suites your needs.

For others wondering, here's what the CY300TI looked like:
View attachment 49376
That very closely resembles our 2017CY with the north south bed, wardrobe slide, the bathroom/ entry door/ entire galley area/ and rear annex. Not sure if you want to step up much in length, but check our the 4018.

We got the 2 chairs from the 3418 model and set them by the tailgate, set up the table under our front happyjack set, layed the carpet down and spend 90% of our time in our "annex."

Lndeatr

Be aware that they might not "give" you a 2017. Not sure of your insurance but when I drilled down into my Good Sams they will first try to find you a new 2013 that matches what you had.....then they move up to 2014, then 15, then......well you get the picture.

If you look at the fine print an unsold older unit is still new by definition and obviously less expensive than this years model.

if anyone has any experience other than this l'd love to be wrong.....but everyone I spoke seemed to define their replacement this way.

You can possibly add some dollars to the deal if you have upgraded like disc brakes....but the total dollar is based on the cost of your rig initially.

Sorry for for your loss and please let us know how this turns out.

Claims adjuster called me yesterday and explained how it works. They pony up the difference of the market value of my current rig for a comparable 2017 model. I didn’t ask exactly how that is done as we have all the goodies on our rig, rear porch and awning, Goodyear G rated truck tires, central vacuum, fuel station, upgraded TV’s etc…

So far, checking the Heartland site, I don’t see a comparable model in length and weight with the same amenities. I see some posts with suggestions. I’ll have to check them out.

If we order one from the factory, how long does it take for delivery to the left coast?

Also, why doesn’t the space bar work? Had to write this on Word and cut and paste.

Lndeatr

That very closely resembles our 2017CY with the north south bed, wardrobe slide, the bathroom/ entry door/ entire galley area/ and rear annex. Not sure if you want to step up much in length, but check our the 4018.

We got the 2 chairs from the 3418 model and set them by the tailgate, set up the table under our front happyjack set, layed the carpet down and spend 90% of our time in our "annex."

Looks really nice but a little long for us. Would have to get a bigger rig to pull it. Plus being over ’40, would have to register it as a commercial vehicle in California. All we haul is a Harley or 2 and the 18’ garage is overkill and it looks like the living area is smaller than the 300C. I am hoping to get a 10’ garage and as close of a floorplan as our current rig. It is perfect for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there more to this story?

There is. I made some posts in different areas but not here. Basically someone dropped a cigarette butt in our garbage can that was sitting against the rear of our trailer which was backed up against my house. Burned the ramp, everything on the outside of the back and some of the roof. Turns out it did burn into the ceiling which is the reason they will likely total it. Fire never did get inside (thanks to the quick actions of a passerby and my wife) but everything smells like smoke and burned fiberglass. Adjuster said they don’t have luck eliminating the smell but instead have to replace items that have the smell such as carpets, mattress, ans basically anything that has fabric on it.

Considering I live in the country in a volunteer fire district, I was lucky. Minimal damage to the house and we didn’t lose any personal belongings from inside the trailer. We keep it loaded for travel and I store tools and product for the job I do rather than carry it all in my service truck.

porthole

Retired
There is. I made some posts in different areas but not here. Basically someone dropped a cigarette butt in our garbage can that was sitting against the rear of our trailer which was backed up against my house. Burned the ramp, everything on the outside of the back and some of the roof. Turns out it did burn into the ceiling which is the reason they will likely total it. Fire never did get inside (thanks to the quick actions of a passerby and my wife) but everything smells like smoke and burned fiberglass. Adjuster said they don’t have luck eliminating the smell but instead have to replace items that have the smell such as carpets, mattress, ans basically anything that has fabric on it.

Considering I live in the country in a volunteer fire district, I was lucky. Minimal damage to the house and we didn’t lose any personal belongings from inside the trailer. We keep it loaded for travel and I store tools and product for the job I do rather than carry it all in my service truck.

Having been involved with similar incidents 1 or 2 times, I would agree you were both lucky and fortunate. Hopefully everything will work out in time for the upcoming season.

Lndeatr

I spoke to AJ Jones, the GM of our Cyclone division. He said

We do love our Cyclone. If we had to design our own I wouldn't change anything. Would love it if they could fix it looks like that won't be an option. I see your title and hope you can answer this.

Is there someone to contact at Heartland I could communicate with about this? I have questions. What is the closest match to my rig with the options I have so we can get an accurate as possible dollar amount for the insurance as well as come up with a suitable replacement even if we need to have it built? Can they get the info I need on my rig by the VIN number?

If I order one (Looking around on the internet, I don't see anything comparable in my area. Most everything is much larger or if it is a comparable length and weight, it doesn't have the options mine has) how long does it take?

We use it year round for trips as well as use it when family visits. Biggest impact so far was last night and this morning. Bad storm and we lost power which means no water either. When that happens, we normally move into the rig, fire up the generator and enjoy all the amenities. I also use the generator to run the house fridge and fish tanks. Last night was candles, wood stove, cards games, and flush the toilet with a bucket of water from the pool.

Lndeatr

2013 CY 300C TI Comparable Models

I am hoping you can help me. We recently had a fire with our 2013 300C TI and they decided to total it. Luckily we have replacement insurance. So we have decided to get a new Cyclone but I really want to see it before I buy it. Our 2013 had issues right out of the gate including the rear bed legs didn't reach the floor, leaks under the bathroom and kitchin sink, shower has issues draining, bumps under the kitching lino (similar to sand), creases in the wallpaper, the trim piece above one of the garage window hits the bed when raising or lowering it (you have to pull the mattress back or it will rip it off), the Towmax tire blew first long trip and did sheetmetal damage in the middle of nowhere Texas (replaced them with Goodyear G614’s), the water pump was excessively loud and died on our second trip, and the pressure valve on the water heater would leak everytime it heated up. I did learn a valuable lesson. When a dealership has it prepped and ready for you to pick up at 3:30 pm (service closed at 4) on a Friday and only leave the 18 year old helper there for the inspection, come back on Monday morning when you can do a thorough inspection.

Unfortunately the dealer where I bought it said I would have to deal with the factory on the bed issue, I got the runaround on the blowout, and I was able to fix the rest myself. With that said, I have experienced similar issues with every trailer I have bought and we were 95% thrilled with our rig (95% not thrilled with Pan Pacific RV in Sac. Glad they are no longer a Heartland dealership).

Ok, I feel better now. Now where was I? I have talked scoured the Heartland site, talked with service and talked with our local Heartland dealership to try and find a comparable model to the 2013 with the same options I had. Everyone has told me the 3611. The local dealer (20 miles away) called me and said they had a 3611 on the lot. I drove there and he then told me he was mistaken and that it was in Arizona. It has all the options our 300C has and retails at $95,000. I would guess the real price would be somewhere in the 70’s. Looked at the pics and dug around the Heartland site.

· Garage is a foot longer. That would allow me room to put haul the Harley (or 2 side by side) and not be all the way against the slider.

· 2 bathrooms. Kids can let us sleep in a little when we have been up late “socializing.”

· Loft: Extra room to store the bedding and extra place for sleeping though I cant find any specs on weight limits.

· Kitchen slide provides a little more room.

Dislikes:
· It’s longer and heavier. I am pretty much maxed on my tow rig and have done all the suspension and drivetrain upgrades I can to help. I am keeping it as it is the last year of the 7.3. Pulled the 300C fine and the size is perfect for us.

· Hate shower curtains!! Enough so, it may be a deal breaker for staying with Heartland if this is the model the insurance company is going to go with.

· Slide inside of a slide for the couch. Often where we camp, our spaces have limited width. The extra means less room on the outside to kick back and relax. Considering there is a kitchen slide also, makes it worse. Also, more moving parts means more maintenance and more chance of something going wrong.

· Bedroom is too cramped. We don’t want or need a king. We also don’t like having to crawl into bed vs walking around to the side and slipping into bed. Also, from the pictures I have seen, there is no room to stand and do anything at the end of the bed. We like feeling comfortable in the bedroom. For a $95,000 (retail) rig, I want to be comfortable.

· Can’t get to the fridge when someone is at the sink area. My wife and I like to work together when cooking. This is a one person kitchen area.

· With a loft, we lose the overhead storage in the garage.

We are not against changing the design of the interior but we want to make sure we still have space to be comfortable. Looking at the Heartland site, they have a layout for the 3110 and it looks to be more of a match for the 300C. Is this model still available? Is there a reason we were not referred to this option?

We are wading through all the insurance paperwork now and I am not sure exactly how the process works. I do know the insurance is supposed to provide a current year of our model or a comparable replacement. If we can’t find one on a lot, we can have one built. I attached the build sheet of our 300C if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2013 Build Sheet.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:

RamblinFever

Re: 2013 CY 300C TI Comparable Models

QUOTE:Unfortunately the dealer where I bought it said I would have to deal with the factory on the bed issue, I got the runaround on the blowout, and I was able to fix the rest myself. With that said, I have experienced similar issues with every trailer I have bought and we were 95% thrilled with our rig (95% not thrilled with Pan Pacific RV in Sac. Glad they are no longer a Heartland dealership).

From what I understand LaMesa RV in Davis is selling Heartland. They are not much better. They are S-L-O-W at getting things done. Bought a new 2013 Viewfinder from them and then traded for our 2011 Heartland at another dealer. I would think the insurance would give you the value of your trailer and then get another model you like. Lots of models are discontinued and wouldn't be available anyway. Hope all works out for you.

Lndeatr

QUOTE:Unfortunately the dealer where I bought it said I would have to deal with the factory on the bed issue, I got the runaround on the blowout, and I was able to fix the rest myself. With that said, I have experienced similar issues with every trailer I have bought and we were 95% thrilled with our rig (95% not thrilled with Pan Pacific RV in Sac. Glad they are no longer a Heartland dealership).

From what I understand LaMesa RV in Davis is selling Heartland. They are not much better. They are S-L-O-W at getting things done. Bought a new 2013 Viewfinder from them and then traded for our 2011 Heartland at another dealer. I would think the insurance would give you the value of your trailer and then get another model you like. Lots of models are discontinued and wouldn't be available anyway. Hope all works out for you.

Thanks Jim,

I have been working with a salesman at La Mesa in Davis. It seems the only Cyclones that sit on the lot for any time at the west coast dealerships are the larger models. He did find me a 3611 which per the factory is the closest replacement model to my 300C. Looks nice and once the insurance paperwork is done, gonna talk a little more serious with him. If he makes it worth my while (I’m thinking a new hitch), I don’t mind a road trip to inspect it and pick it up.

When we went back to Pan Pacific to unload everything from the 300C, I was severely disappointed with the service dept. The back looked like a junkyard and they had hit the side of the trailer with something breaking a running light and leaving a crease as well as opened the bath vent and left it open in the big storm we had. 60 mph winds ripped it off and there was water everywhere inside. I think it is safe to say they don’t take care of their own house or a customer’s rig.

As for La Mesa, I don’t mind slow as long as they are professional and try to do the right thing.

mixie57

I would recommend a used unit. We have a 2013 Cyclone 4100HD we ordered from factory. Big mistake (our list is similar to yours). We will never order from factory again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhodies1

Thanks Jim,

I have been working with a salesman at La Mesa in Davis. It seems the only Cyclones that sit on the lot for any time at the west coast dealerships are the larger models. He did find me a 3611 which per the factory is the closest replacement model to my 300C. Looks nice and once the insurance paperwork is done, gonna talk a little more serious with him. If he makes it worth my while (I’m thinking a new hitch), I don’t mind a road trip to inspect it and pick it up.

When we went back to Pan Pacific to unload everything from the 300C, I was severely disappointed with the service dept. The back looked like a junkyard and they had hit the side of the trailer with something breaking a running light and leaving a crease as well as opened the bath vent and left it open in the big storm we had. 60 mph winds ripped it off and there was water everywhere inside. I think it is safe to say they don’t take care of their own house or a customer’s rig.

As for La Mesa, I don’t mind slow as long as they are professional and try to do the right thing.

RV USA currently has a used 2013 model for sale on their website but no price..