Insurance Totalling 2013 300C ti

Lndeatr

Finally.... The insurance company is done with their process. They are offering a 2017 3611B as a replacement for our 2013 300C ti. Here is the link to it. http://www.lamesarv.com/2017-Heartland-CYCLONE-SNE92939

La Mesa RV in Davis has been working with us through this process. I'm impressed so far. Unfortunately the 3611 is lacking some features our 300C had such as walk around bed, extended nose that allowed a deeper bedroom and room between the end of the bed and the bathroom wall, a tub and shower curtain vs a shower with glass door, and an open kitchen that allowed access to the fridge, stove, counter etc by more than 1 person at a time as the island was perpendicular vs parallel to the wall. We also upgraded to Goodyear G614's(all 5). Was disappointed that I couldn't keep em. Bought em after we had a bad Towmax blowout in nowhere Texas. The new trailer says it comes with G rated tires. Anyone know what brand?

But the benefits..... It is brand spanking new, has the 6 leg leveling system, 3 season garage door, loft, 3 a/c units, fireplace to name a few. Best part, insurance is paying off the 2013 and ponying up the difference of what I owed and the cost of the new one (about 30 grand). We just refinance what we owed on the old one. I am also getting a new hitch while I am at it. Last one was starting to clunk. Not a good sign.

I will have to put wheel chocks in for the Harley.... That will be the first thing that is done......

porthole

Retired
Looks like a win for you and in time for the camping season. We also have replacement coverage, but as the unit gets a year older every year I wondered how much it would really cover. Your outcome is encouraging.

nscaler2

Finally.... The insurance company is done with their process. They are offering a 2017 3611B as a replacement for our 2013 300C ti. Here is the link to it. http://www.lamesarv.com/2017-Heartland-CYCLONE-SNE92939

La Mesa RV in Davis has been working with us through this process. I'm impressed so far. Unfortunately the 3611 is lacking some features our 300C had such as walk around bed, extended nose that allowed a deeper bedroom and room between the end of the bed and the bathroom wall, a tub and shower curtain vs a shower with glass door, and an open kitchen that allowed access to the fridge, stove, counter etc by more than 1 person at a time as the island was perpendicular vs parallel to the wall. We also upgraded to Goodyear G614's(all 5). Was disappointed that I couldn't keep em. Bought em after we had a bad Towmax blowout in nowhere Texas. The new trailer says it comes with G rated tires. Anyone know what brand?

But the benefits..... It is brand spanking new, has the 6 leg leveling system, 3 season garage door, loft, 3 a/c units, fireplace to name a few. Best part, insurance is paying off the 2013 and ponying up the difference of what I owed and the cost of the new one (about 30 grand). We just refinance what we owed on the old one. I am also getting a new hitch while I am at it. Last one was starting to clunk. Not a good sign.

I will have to put wheel chocks in for the Harley.... That will be the first thing that is done......
May I ask, what insurance company you have that is treating you so well.

MCTalley

The new trailer says it comes with G rated tires. Anyone know what brand?

Most likely Sailun G637's. Most of Heartland's heavier rigs are now shipping with those on them. They've so far had a really good reputation here and elsewhere.

Lndeatr

We took possession of our new Cyclone 3611 today. Started the PDI at 8 am and finished at 1:30. I don’t think they are used to someone going through every inch of a rig. This was an insurance purchase to replace our 2013 300C that was totaled after a fire in the rear. Kind of a weird deal where we had to buy it before we saw it (or any 3611) as it was in San Diego. To get it to Davis, CA we had to buy it first.

First off, if we were looking for a new rig, we wouldn’t choose the 3611. Compared to our 300C, the bedroom is about 2 feet shorter and they shoehorned a kingsize bed in there. There isn’t even room to get dressed. Very disappointed they felt a kingsize bed would fit in there. Unfortunately this is the closest match to the 300C without downsizing so we are stuck with it. If we had the option to choose another model from another manufacturer, we would have. We are going to buy a queensize mattress and I will cut down the pedestal so we have 5” clear area against the wall and an extra 11” on the closet side. Unfortunately there will still only be enough room between the mattress and the bathroom wall to shimmy through.

Also, for most places we go, we are not going to be able to use the double slide out where the couch is. With the kitchen slide on the other side we will be too wide especially when we do our annual NASCAR trip to Phoenix. That means not being able to use the tables as the floor mounts are covered unless the second slide is out. Wish we had a single slide like the 300C. I guess it’s going to be tough comparing against the 300C as it was perfect for us. Good news is, since I had replacement insurance, the insurance company ponied up the difference of what we still owed on the 300C to buy a 2017. That means we are not upside down as we were in the 2013 (didn’t have it long enough to whittle the payments down against the principle) so we can dump it and get one we are happy with if this one doesn’t grow on us. Our plan is to go semi full time in 5 or more years and I can say it won’t be in this rig.

After it was delivered, the service department manager said they had to do a lot of work on it before we even saw it. Had it a little over a week. They didn’t specify what all they did but I do know the rig had to go to an Onan service center where they put a new carburetor on it. While it was there they put a long scuff down ¾ of the coach as if they turned into something and kept going. They are gonna try and buff out the areas on the paint and replace the fender skirts. We found some other issues but nothing major. Vacuum has no suction, silicone on open areas of the sheetmetal, 3 season door has a 1.5 in gap at the bottom when closed and the latch won’t latch (doesn’t line up on the doors), one of the power supplcables to the electric recliner is bad (they ordered a new one) and some misc blemishes and screw tightening. We were pretty picky and until they addressed each issue or documented them and scheduled a date to drop it off to get things resolved, we were not leaving with it and not signing the insurance check that had our names on it as well as the dealership.

So now that I have vented a little, I do have to say that everyone at La Meas RV in Davis is absolutely wonderful. Also, there are some really nice features about this rig. The rear porch is way more user friendly, like the idea of another bathroom, the extra foot of garage will help when hauling the Harley, and they addressed the garage bed leg issues with adjustable legs. My wife really likes the fireplace. The lighting is way better also though I have never seen so many lights in an RV. Many of the switches were unmarked and I made them track down what each one did.

We went ahead and took it home as we only live 20 minutes from the dealer and we have a trip to the coast scheduled for the 15[SUP]th[/SUP] through the 23[SUP]rd[/SUP]. We will take it back after the trip. We might have more for the list by then. Once home, I mounted the removable motorcycle wheel chocks which were much easier than the 300C as the fuel tanks were not in the way. As for mods other than the wheel chocks and downsizing the king bed to a queen, we are going to replace the IMAX size tv in the living room with one that fits the wall space. I am also going to put on a swivel mount so my wife can see it from the kitchen (her request).

I’m not normally a downer person (my wife calls me Sponge Bob) but I have to say that the bedroom really burst my bubble. Maybe once the bed is swapped out it will grow on me. Here are some pics.

IMG_3033.jpgIMG_3036.jpgIMG_3029.jpg

AnnaIvanZ

The queen bed would have been a deal-breaker for us. We have plenty of room in our bedroom to dress with a king bed in there. Well, not a ball gown with a hoop skirt, but "regular" clothing doesn't seem to cramp the dressing area style. Ours is the 44 foot toy hauler.