interior light switch? [Discovered]

centerline

on our 2011 bighorn, there is a large rocker switch on side wall of the street side rear slide.... I cant seem to find what it does, or what it is supposed to do.... would this be a factory installed switch or an aftermarket add-on?.... if factory installed, what is its purpose? thank you...

20201220_132601.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: interior light switch?

In our 2011 Landmark, a similar switch turns on a LED mood rope light above the overhead cabinets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Or it could be ceiling lights in that slide.
Do you have lights in that slide?

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

on our 2011 bighorn, there is a large rocker switch on side wall of the street side rear slide.... I cant seem to find what it does, or what it is supposed to do.... would this be a factory installed switch or an aftermarket add-on?.... if factory installed, what is its purpose? thank you...

View attachment 64988
We lived full time for five years in a 2011, 3055RL... that switch operated the ceiling lights in that slide.

centerline

In our 2011 Landmark, a similar switch turns on a LED mood rope light above the overhead cabinets.

I dont see any rope lights anywhere, unless they are hidden behind a valence....

Or it could be ceiling lights in that slide.
Do you have lights in that slide?
Peace
Dave

the only overhead light in the slide, over the table, has its own switch and it works fine, and this rocker switch doesnt affect it when its on or off....

I thought it may be a secondary switch to shut a light off while setting in the recliner, but i turned on all the lights and worked the switch, but nothing happens...

- - - Updated - - -

Fox

Do you have anything electrical in that area that otherwise doesn't operate?

Totally different equipment than yours but I have a similar switch that operates my ceiling fan.

centerline

Do you have anything electrical in that area that otherwise doesn't operate?

Totally different equipment than yours but I have a similar switch that operates my ceiling fan.

i dont have any other electrical that i can find in that area, and my ceiling fan switch is by the entryway panel.....

I do have a wire tracer that when I get time I will hook up to the rear of the switch and then follow the wiring thru the walls to see where they go...

Fox

As some posters have mentioned mood lights I would next look for an overhead hidden connection point for them. Perhaps they failed and the prior owner disconnected/ removed them.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

As some posters have mentioned mood lights I would next look for an overhead hidden connection point for them. Perhaps they failed and the prior owner disconnected/ removed them.

In mine, they are hidden above the overhead cabinets. If they have stopped working (like my under island ones), you’d never know they were there.

centerline

thanks for the replies.... I will look again today in an attempt to find the hidden mood lighting.

centerline

Re: interior light switch? SOLVED...

Success....

the mood lighting is above the upper valence on the slideout, and it was disconnected for some reason, but now it works great.... thank you for the suggestions