Interpreting Model Numbers

hallahan

What is the significance of the model #'s i.e. 3585? We purchased such a RV in Nov and figured it was 35 - 36 ft. long.

danemayer

Hi hallahan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

The mystery of model numbers gets discussed from time to time but so far, I don't think anyone has figured out a direct linkage between the number and the trailer specs. There was probably some rationale for the model numbers in the past when there were way fewer models, but it's not obvious now.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Nope, probably closer to 38'. The HL website should give you all the specs when you click on the BH floor plans.

Thats_Ok

Far as I can tell for instance our new Greystone 32RE is:
32 feet of interior living with the "rear entertainment" layout to me that = 32RE
Guessing here:
CK = center kitchen
RK = rear kitchen
RL = rear lounge
MK = mid kitchen (island)

Adding around 30 to 36 inches to the first 2 numbers of the model for overall length seems typical from my experience.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I looked at the Bighorn model numbers vs. actual listed length of the the unit, as an example.
It seems on average, the length is about 3-4 ft longer than the first number. ie; 3670 is almost 40' long. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2