Interstate 80

J-W&E

We are wondering how much construction there is on Interstate 80 below Chicago and heading toward Elkhart.

jbeletti

Jim and Wilma,

In short, not too bad. I'd go for it.

Long version:
On 294 South, including where 80 joins it and turns east, an 18 mile stretch is being rebuilt/widened. From the turn east, it's pretty much complete. North of the turn, could be some slow going with narrowed lanes for 10 miles or so, but I don't think you're coming from the north.

Continuing east on 80/94, near the Indiana border and a bit into Indiana, there is construction but it's not too bad. Once you pass the Halsted exit, I'd stay one lane left of the rightmost lane because once you pass the gravel pit, the right lane is an exit only and that's not good.

Careful as you get onto the Indiana Toll road (exit 16 I believe). Pot holes in the ramps.

Jim

jcd8822

Joseph
Ih 80

J-W&E said:
We are wondering how much construction there is on Interstate 80 below Chicago and heading toward Elkhart.

We came through there Friday, and it was not bad. The left land moved better because of traffic lining up in the right lanes to exit in a couple of places.

Joseph

J-W&E

Thanks everybody for your help. We plan to arrive Wednesday afternoon...........see you all then.

jbeletti

Beautiful day here today. A few of us got some of the bugs scrapped off the front caps. Joseph and Gene shamed me by getting their whole rig scrubbed down :)

John and Sue Morgan and JD and Carolyn Wigley stopped by today to say hi. They are being serviced and are staying in Elkhart too.

The Popes have moved onto their site too.

Chillin' in Goshen...

Jim

bowtorc

Hi Everyone

We should be pulling in Tuesday afternoon. Hope to be in early enough to get our bug removal plan in motion before dark.

Roger and DebNone

jbeletti

Early evening would be a great time to drag the hose out. It's 4:45 PM here now, 78 degrees and too sunny to wash anything. My truck needs a bath.

See you tomorrow Roger and Deb.

Jim