Is a locking TV mount necessary?

klp605

When installing a new tv, is it necessary to have a mount that locks? Wondering if the extra money for the locking mounts is worthwhile.

SNOKING

When installing a new tv, is it necessary to have a mount that locks? Wondering if the extra money for the locking mounts is worthwhile.

Our two TV's in our BH3575el came OEM with two Nylon straps each to secure the TV's from moving while traveling. Chris

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our former ElkRidge had an adjustable arm but not a locking one for the living room tv. It had straps that made an X across it and it was within a "frame" of sorts. Current BC bedroom tv has locking mount and straps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klp605

As always, thank you!

Our current TT tv has no straps and does not lock. So I guess we have been lucky. It is a smaller tv.

Any recommendations on locking mounts?

esscobra

The moore ryde ones- not cheap but quality- installed on my bighorn bedroom recntly( dealer forgot to add on order sheet ) and good lock with easy release and stayed put up rough construction ih35 there an back- and don't have to worry about putting up straps- mounts have lots of screws to wall and are very sturdy- I don't tink ll have to ever worry about it

esscobra

pics of the mor-ryde locking swivel mount and sound bar installed- made 800 and 200 miles on construction laden highways in texas

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 93
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 83
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 75
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 77
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 67

Restofrank

pics of the mor-ryde locking swivel mount and sound bar installed- made 800 and 200 miles on construction laden highways in texas

Thanks for sharing these pictures, do you remember what the model number on the MorRyde TV bracket that you used? There are several different brackets that they make and I would like to buy the right one. I am installing it into my new BH 3270RS bedroom.
thanks,
Frank

CoveredWagon

Our OEM mounts with nylon straps work just fine. I'm sure the wife will find some place to spend the money saved 😂😁