Is anyone happy??? I am really afraid we just made a very costly mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OK, I've got a Bighorn, not a Cyclone. But in reading all of these posts, I missed where you contacted Heartland with your list of 25+ problems directly. If you are still under warranty and your dealer isn't taking care of them, call Heartland. If you don't like their first answer, call again and ask for someone higher up the food chain.

For the items you have to deal with yourself (and there will be many), if you need help, post here and you'll get a ton of advice. Many with photos of how they handled it.

And I salute the service of your family.

Wmnmy

Ok just got back from fishing hit 11,000 miles plus on my 2010 cyclone very happy with this product I purchased in 2010 wish the shower was a lil bigger I'm. Big fella but overall very happy :cool:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
it could be there just so frustated im in the same boat im very upset that i spent my hard earned money on a rv that in my thinking had no quaility control at all ive had problems with it from day one.no one told me i had to be a handy man and help build my trailer. owned it about 8 months maybe 9 they have had it at dealer for 4 of those. no its back in indiana for who knows how long. so much for a 1 year warrenty. i guess you could say im bashing. just stating a fact. and i have a title to proove it. call it what you will. but the truth hurts.

I know that when I first got my North Trail it spent about a month getting things fixed. However, The problems that kept it on the lot and delays were the caused by the dealer not Heartland. I made a list and had to literally stand there and watch them do the repairs do get anything done in a timely manner. It would otherwise sit on their lot until I called for it and then the repairs were not done.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
In all fairness, the question from the OP was is anyone happy with their "unit".
Not specific to the model.

Peace
Dave
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yall do know the OP posted this in the Cyclone Community, not in the General Heartland section. So I think BarneyFife has a valid point. But on the flip side only the back portion of a TH is different from the other lines.

To the OP, Heartland Customer Service is awesome. Once you use them keep using the same Rep from Heartland. Hopefully you wont have to build a relationship with them but I am at a point now that I feel I owe Brandon F. at HL a Beer or two or more.

rick_debbie_gallant

Oops, well bust my britches! I forgot the fine print and rules to posting in a forum ya don't belong. Sorry bout that. I will limit myself to the Big Horn brand. : o

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Oops, well bust my britches! I forgot the fine print and rules to posting in a forum ya don't belong. Sorry bout that. I will limit myself to the Big Horn brand. : o

Don't feel bad, Rick. I also missed the part that said this was a Cyclone owners ONLY discussion. I'll try to remember to look up what rig someone has before offering any kind of help or advice.

jayandhisgals

Thanks for all your replies.;) We are finally happy with our purchase! Sitting here at Acorn Acres RV Park in beautiful Branson Mo. visiting with many wonderful people who just keep comming over and talking to us about our beautiful great big new Cyclone. Yep, we finally got it out of the drive and were out on our maiden voyage. The weather is wonderful, fall colors in full swing and everything is working perfectly on our new rig! We are so excited! It seems as though we got all the bugs worked out. Only found 1 piece of trim inside that is comming loose. No big deal will fix when we get back home. Other then that all is A-OK. So many people have come over to our camp site and asked to see our Cyclone. Everyone loves it & I must say we do to. Very comfortable, plenty of room and she looks great. We are the biggest rig in the place. It's funny how everyone stops and stares when they see it. Thank you all for your encouragement. Have fun out there and see you on the road.

BarneyFife

That's great to hear. I truly hope yours is a fantastic camper and you folks have a wonderful experience. God Bless. :)

rick_debbie_gallant

Thanks for all your replies.;) We are finally happy with our purchase! Sitting here at Acorn Acres RV Park in beautiful Branson Mo. visiting with many wonderful people who just keep comming over and talking to us about our beautiful great big new Cyclone. Yep, we finally got it out of the drive and were out on our maiden voyage. The weather is wonderful, fall colors in full swing and everything is working perfectly on our new rig! We are so excited! It seems as though we got all the bugs worked out. Only found 1 piece of trim inside that is comming loose. No big deal will fix when we get back home. Other then that all is A-OK. So many people have come over to our camp site and asked to see our Cyclone. Everyone loves it & I must say we do to. Very comfortable, plenty of room and she looks great. We are the biggest rig in the place. It's funny how everyone stops and stares when they see it. Thank you all for your encouragement. Have fun out there and see you on the road.

It is great to hear that you guys are finally settling down into your rolling mansion and all of the bugs are almost worked out. Just dont forget that help is just a post or a phone call away. Enjoy yourself! dont sweat the small stuff.

steiny93

so it flips from "this was a major mistake, to all good in 2 posts"

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
so it flips from "this was a major mistake, to all good in 2 posts"

Actually their initial post was expressing their concern over the amount of posts on the forum where folks have talked about issues they've been having. They were worried they may have made a mistake in their purchase. Their fears have since been calmed.

readytohitheroad

I am lurking on this site as the wife and I decide which RV to purchase. Many claim here that the problems encountered "are the same with all RV's". I am sorry but I disagree. I am following threads on slightly more expensive units such as DRV/New Horizon and others and find that their blogs reveal far fewer issues with these units when compared to Heartland products. I am coming to the belief that you get what you pay for may apply here. That assuming if one can afford a slightly more expensive rig it will pay off in fewer quality issues. Just my informed opinion.

donr827

I am lurking on this site as the wife and I decide which RV to purchase. Many claim here that the problems encountered "are the same with all RV's". I am sorry but I disagree. I am following threads on slightly more expensive units such as DRV/New Horizon and others and find that their blogs reveal far fewer issues with these units when compared to Heartland products. I am coming to the belief that you get what you pay for may apply here. That assuming if one can afford a slightly more expensive rig it will pay off in fewer quality issues. Just my informed opinion.

You need to look at the number of complaints to the number of units sold to get a true picture.
Don

Wharton

There is no way you can compare New Horizons to a Heartland. New Horizons are produced one at a time, each one is custom designed and you can select what components and mfg. you would like to use. Heartland is a mass producer. We priced out a new Horizon vs. a Heartland, almost a $75,000 difference. Over twice the price of the Heartland at the time. We had a New Horizon for 10 years and I can tell you that we had an equal amount of problems in both. Near zero with both.

I would certainly buy a Heartland again but our next rig, if we are still rving, will be a Super C+ as we will be in our mid-70's and want to make our life easier and more convenient.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When we were looking for our retirement "RV" DRV's and New Horizons were twice the price of our Bighorn. With either of the higher priced units, the weight increases to the point of needing much more truck as well. Not really and apples to apples comparison.

readytohitheroad

Ray,

They must have either lowered the price of DRV's or increased the price of Bighorns cuz I am not seeing a two to one price differential on the units I am looking at.

rick_debbie_gallant

Slightly more for a horizon? Don't think double is slightly more. Just sayin

mattpopp

Trouble Maker

Like everybody said. You need to look at the numbers of sold units between the two companies. I wouldn't doubt that people don't openly express the issues they have with a unit that cost so much more to find out it is equal in quality to the "lower end" units that they are suppose to shine above. Kind of embarrassing to be one of those owners if you ask me if my high end unit give me alot of grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.