Is anyone happy??? I am really afraid we just made a very costly mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray,

They must have either lowered the price of DRV's or increased the price of Bighorns cuz I am not seeing a two to one price differential on the units I am looking at.
I received a pretty good deal on our BH back in early 2006. DRV were over 80K at the time. Even a comparable Montana was considerably higher priced than our BH. Todays prices may not be in the same range but I know there are good deals out there.
The New Horizon's Summit at 40ft with 3 slides would have an empty weight at or above 16,000 lbs. I would definitely need a bigger truck $$$.

BarneyFife

I am lurking on this site as the wife and I decide which RV to purchase. Many claim here that the problems encountered "are the same with all RV's". I am sorry but I disagree. I am following threads on slightly more expensive units such as DRV/New Horizon and others and find that their blogs reveal far fewer issues with these units when compared to Heartland products. I am coming to the belief that you get what you pay for may apply here. That assuming if one can afford a slightly more expensive rig it will pay off in fewer quality issues. Just my informed opinion.

I would agree. But I can't afford to go that route. If we ever dump this Cyclone off, KZ Inferno and Jayco Seismics are our first choice to explore. Cyclones, Raptors, Fuzions, Voltages, Seismics, Infernos, XLRs, etc. etc. etc.. But if a manufacturer gives me a two-year warranty, that speaks extra to me. Not only do I get double the protection but at least I "think" they put more of this so called "quality control" into their units. I'm still looking for that supposed feature.

Time will tell one day.

Back to the OP. Man, I hope they get everything worked out. They both deserve it.:)

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I'm confused. The The way I read the 1st post jayandhisgals were having some issues with their new Cyclone and were looking for a little reassurance. They didn't list the issues and it really doesn't seem to matter because in post #49 it seems all is well
everything is working perfectly on our new rig! We are so excited! It seems as though we got all the bugs worked out. Only found 1 piece of trim inside that is coming loose. No big deal will fix when we get back home. Other then that all is A-OK. So many people have come over to our camp site and asked to see our Cyclone. Everyone loves it & I must say we do to. Very comfortable, plenty of room and she looks great. We are the biggest rig in the place. It's funny how everyone stops and stares when they see it. Thank you all for your encouragement. Have fun out there and see you on the road.
Sounds like another happy Heartland camper to me!!!:cool:

Best of luck to you guys. I hope we get to meet in person at a rally soon!!! We're booked for the Iowa rally if you happen to be in the neighborhood.

As far as the SOB'S go. If you like em buy em but I'm sticking with my trouble free Bighorn.

danemayer

Is your premise that the more units one produces the lower the quality???

Readytohittheroad,

I think people are trying to provide some thoughts to help you get a balanced view. They're making various comments to help you understand that looking at posts on a couple of forums may not be a complete and accurate way of comparing brands.

Of course you're free to make any comparisons you think are valid and to buy any brand you think best meets your needs. But I hope you'll pay attention to the many, many satisfied Heartland customers on this forum.

I hope you'll take note of Heartland's support for owners in building a community through this forum, through a very active owners club, through local, regional, and national rallies and of course through great customer service.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Is your premise that the more units one produces the lower the quality???

This really is getting silly. It's math. If one guy builds 10 and another builds 100 and they both have a 10% failure rate builder one will have one failure and builder two will have (you guessed it) 10.

If your unhappy with your 2014 Cyclone (didn't even know they were out yet) trade it in for one of the slightly more expensive SOB'S. simple

readytohitheroad

That is one thing I have noticed about this site. If one takes a contrarian view he/she is sure to get a response similar to the one posted by donr827....

Read the entire thread, understand the thread, then respond

jbeletti

Hey all - this thread is going a bit sideways. That the OP now has enough responses, I think it's time to close this one up before any of us say things that we later wish we hadn't said on this forum. So many other forums out there for that. Thank you to everyone who constructively contributed to this thread.

Jim

danemayer

Looks like the original discussion has been concluded. If anyone wants to continue the latest turn in the discussion, please start a new thread.

Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.