Is Heartland Moving Away From Towmax??

JanAndBill

Stopped at Camping World yesterday to pickup a few items. They were getting ready for a big sale this weekend, and had several new Heartland trailers on the lot. Couldn't resist the urge to look at the new Landmarks and Big Horns. I quickly notice the noticed the Landmarks were riding on 17.5 G114's and the Big Horns were all sporting Sailun LT tires. Didn't have time to check the other models on the lot. Is this something Camping World is doing on their own, or something coming direct from heartland??

Miltp920

"For some time now" did not include my 2014 Cyclone 3100 built 1 year ago. The 2015 Cyclone 3100 parked next to us this summer had blowmax under it. I am glad for new buyers of specific heartland products, but it is not the case for all.

Heartland has moved on from using the Towmax for some time now.

Peace
Dave

Tallyrver

Dang, I must have missed that also. My 2014 Gateway has the Blowmax tires:mad:
I wish I could get someone from Heartland to return my phone calls :mad:
With these wonderful tires they have been selling ,they might be busy with angry customers.

Maybe it's a good thing ,it's been almost a week . I'm not quite so MADD ! Could have been a little ugly .

wayne

JanAndBill

"For some time now" did not include my 2014 Cyclone 3100 built 1 year ago. The 2015 Cyclone 3100 parked next to us this summer had blowmax under it. I am glad for new buyers of specific heartland products, but it is not the case for all.

My 2013 BH came with Towmax also. Forgot to mention they had a Cyclone there also, didn't go in it, but it had G614's on it.

gvtahoe88

"for some time now" did not include my 2014 cyclone 3100 built 1 year ago. The 2015 cyclone 3100 parked next to us this summer had blowmax under it. I am glad for new buyers of specific heartland products, but it is not the case for all.

amen bro!!!!!!!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Heartland replaced all the Towmax tires with the Sailun tires on all the 2015 rigs that were on the lot of RnR RV when we were walking through rigs a few weeks ago. The sales staff had no information on it, but they had about 25 2015 model year Heartlands and each and everyone of them had Sailun's. Way to go Heartland!!!

bob34787

my 2013 landmark has goodyears

Birchwood

You would think more US tire manufactures would get on board with quality RV tires.Whats wrong with Firestone,Michlin,BF Goodrich,Kumo etc.
Where did Sailan and Towmax come from?

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
You would think more US tire manufactures would get on board with quality RV tires.Whats wrong with Firestone,Michlin,BF Goodrich,Kumo etc.Where did Sailan and Towmax come from?
In the scheme of things there just isn't that big of demand for RV tires. RV manufactures producing a few a day vs the big 3 each kicking out several a minute just doesn't create that much of a market.

Westwind

Across forums "Sailun Tires" have been getting a good rep. They are constructed very much like the Goodyear G614 but the cost is much less. There are folks out there who have had them on their trailers for a lot of miles and time and are very happy with the performance. They definitely are not in the same class as the "Blowmax".

Miltp920

During my quest for tire knowledge I read that Blowmax and Sailun both come from China. However, Sailun is one of the few (maybe the only) Chinese tire factories that follow QC rules similar to USA. Can't recall the specific name for it, but it seems by there reputation that Sailun's quality control standards make for a reliable tire at about half the cost as the GY G614. I read that most tires come from China, even some Goodyears. I think the KEY is keeping 10 ply tires OFF heavy rigs. I went with 12 ply Carlisle radial RH. So far, all is good at 1700 miles.

You would think more US tire manufactures would get on board with quality RV tires.Whats wrong with Firestone,Michlin,BF Goodrich,Kumo etc.
Where did Sailan and Towmax come from?

Bohemian

Companies prefer to segment the markets and maximize profits. They will only come in the largest volume most lucrative markets.

It's not capitalism, but common Laissez Fair practice.

Wmnmy

I got rid of our blowmax had about 2000 miles on them caught them before they blew but they were deformed I hope goodyear fixed their marathon problems I am tryn them out now... maybe I can get 4000 miles outta these .

JeromyS

I just came from an Elkridge factory tour and the TowMax tires were on every unit. When asked the sales guy seemed to want to blame poor axel alignment as the cause of the tire failures which is why they are placing the correct track system on the units now. Can't say I was happy seeing so many 38 RSRT models rolling off the floor with TowMax tires, but Heartland is still happily building large units with TowMax tires. I can confirm that first hand after being on the factory floor - image from the start of the assembly line attached below:

Attachments

• WP_20140828_15_08_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140828_15_08_07_Pro.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 58

Jim.Allison

Soooooo, if it is an alignment issue and not a tire issue, then its heartlands fault by their own admission? Should Heartland then compensate for the tire and damage to the rig? That is worse than having a tire problem. LOL. All heartland needs to do is inform their customers that the option exist for the G614. It is in the brochure, but is not obvious that it is an upgrade. More study would have precluded the blowout that destroyed the side of my rig. I would have never driven off the lot with those tires had I known what the difference was between the LT G614 and the ST Towmax.

I just came from an Elkridge factory tour and the TowMax tires were on every unit. When asked the sales guy seemed to want to blame poor axel alignment as the cause of the tire failures which is why they are placing the correct track system on the units now. Can't say I was happy seeing so many 38 RSRT models rolling off the floor with TowMax tires, but Heartland is still happily building large units with TowMax tires. I can confirm that first hand after being on the factory floor - image from the start of the assembly line attached below:

JeromyS

No clue to be honest. I know that the tires are aligned when they leave. The tour guide mentioned that loading of the trailer could cause the need for different alignment. I don't have any answers, just reporting what I got off the factory floor tour back to this thread. I can say that the higher end units (Landmark for example) were rolling off with G114's so it appears to depend on the line. Elkridge isn't in their Luxury line so apparently aren't getting the same default upgrade treatment.

danemayer

At the 2013 Goshen Rally, Lippert was checking front-to-rear axle alignment and recommending Correct Track II installation where the axles were out of alignment. Lippert's explanation is that it comes down to weight distribution. After you load up all the pots and pans, slow cookers, blenders, dishware, and fill the frig and pantry full of all kinds of goodies, and store your smoker, and that case of wine or beer, there's a lot of weight on one side of the trailer. The suspension compresses differently on the heavy side, and the axle spacing is different on that side.
So while alignment might be fine as the trailer leaves the factory, after you load it up, alignment may change. For the trailers that come with Correct Track I from the factory, Lippert recommends getting a Correct Track alignment check with the RV loaded the way you plan to travel.
While I was waiting to get our rig checked, there was a guy in front of me who found out his axles were off by almost an inch, causing serious tire wear. Our axles were within 1/8" which confirmed an earlier measurement taken at Camping World.