Is installing second A/C Unit a DIY gig?

Our 2013 was prepped for the front A/C unit. Dometic Brisk ll 15k BTU on AdventureRV.net for $500. plus other necessary accessories. Is this a good unit for a Do - it - Yourself project? has anyone made a video of this type of install?
Thanks for the help and or suggestions.

Garypowell

Can't vouch for the exact model you are looking at but in 2008 in my previous 3055 a friend and I did it in about 3 hours.

Probably too many miles under my belt now.....and not enough Celebrex for the joints to tackle it again.....but it was a straightforward project.

I did it on my new Mallard M33 a couple of weeks ago. It was pre-wired and it was really easy. Removing the sealant from the factory vent without damaging the rubber roof was a bit of a pain...but not hard. The hardest part is getting the AC unit up on the roof. It's not super heavy...but bulky enough to present a problem. I was lucky and had my neighbor bring over his tractor with a front end loader and lift the AC up in the air where I could easily move it onto the roof. The electrical connections were straight forward.

pjones1969

I installed my second ac in a few hours on my last 5er, it was factory prepped and pretty straightforward, here's an idea on getting it up on the roof, put in back of truck and hoist it over the front cap, very easy

c926575a22872a5314868f1305d58554.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good excuse to go buy a new camper with a second air already factory-installed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nbkj5mw

I did it on my new Mallard M33 a couple of weeks ago. It was pre-wired and it was really easy. Removing the sealant from the factory vent without damaging the rubber roof was a bit of a pain...but not hard. The hardest part is getting the AC unit up on the roof. It's not super heavy...but bulky enough to present a problem. I was lucky and had my neighbor bring over his tractor with a front end loader and lift the AC up in the air where I could easily move it onto the roof. The electrical connections were straight forward.

What year is your M33? I have 2016 and would like to add a rear/second A/C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk