Is it always this @#$% difficult to get a spot on the beach...? :)

Sarge

Seems like everything is booked unless you hawk on the 1st business day of the month at 0800hrs -

Is there an easier way to book sites up and down the coast?

Thanx, Sarge

richheck

Seasoned Member
Kinda depends on where your trying to go. Many of the CA state parks offer both reserved and walkin spaces. We were usually able to secure a space using the walk in method trying to go on a Sunday or Monday. Most of these spaces were dry camping that we were ok with using our past coach. With our present coach were haven't tried to dry camp so far.

Sarge

I found a site called ReserveAmerica and while searching ran across many CA coast RV parks we were unaware of.

Just happened to be searching on one of the parks when New Years eve became available and I grabbed it.

It seems most cancel reservations if you don't check in by noon on arrival day - Is that just for that day or your entire booked days...?

Sarge

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You are not alone . . .

Here in Colorado most desirable campgrounds are booked out for the whole summer by the end of January.

And most of the places that are first come first serve fill up fast!

We used to head up to our favorite National Park campground on Friday morning and never had an issue getting a spot.

Then it started getting popular and now Wednesday morning arrival doesn't alway mean getting a site.

Crumgater

WA state parks have a great reservation system. Sites open 9 months in advance, and you have to be quick to get the prime locations on prime weekends. I would think a lot would open up for fall, but we are home-bodies this time of year, so don't quote me on that.

Bohemian

Worst is the Maryland reservation system. It opens dsy by day. Impossible to get a full week, or weekend on one site.

wdk450

M

You just earned free beer and ribeyes....

Sarge

Sarge:
Beer makes me loopy and poopy. Ribeyes are hard to e-mail.

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE. ASSISTING ANOTHER VETERAN (and Heartlander) is enough thanks.

6 year CTM2 (E-5) Naval Security Group 1968 - 1974

donr827

Living near the Florida Keys all of the state cgs fill up as soon as reservations are accepted. If you check back closer to the date you can find a cancellation on a site. People will reserve a site not knowing if they can go or not.
Don

alexb2000

I always thought you could just pull your RV down to any open beach in CA and live there rent free for years, just like Mel Gibson did in Lethal Weapon?:D

Sarge

Sarge:
Beer makes me loopy and poopy. Ribeyes are hard to e-mail.

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE. ASSISTING ANOTHER VETERAN (and Heartlander) is enough thanks.

6 year CTM2 (E-5) Naval Security Group 1968 - 1974

Hahahah - Then no beer for you unless your own rig is close by.

HOOAH !!

Sarge