Is the stock bathroom fan adequete, or should I be ordering a Fantastic Fan for the Bath

glenned

Is the stock bathroom fan adequete, or should I be ordering a Fantastic Fan for the Bath for my 3185RL?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Stock fan works, but like Mark said, the Fantastic Fan is much quieter and more efficient.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Fantastic Vent in the bathroom of my current BH and had one in the previous BH. I think it is worth having for the reasons mentioned above.
Actually my first rig came with the regular fan and I changed to the Fantastic Vent.

Peace
Dave

hoefler

We moved ours out of the bedroom to the bathroom when the A/C was installed. We like it much better and have it on the relocated thermostat.

pegmikef

What's a good place to buy the Fantastic Fan. I'm going to be in Mesa, AZ later this month and they have a Camping World. Are they competitive?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Take a look at a MAXX-AIR fan. They have a nice one that can be used while it's raining. Camping World has them and some one said it did not cost much to install. It has a remote also.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Kinda depends on your diet and if you really need to put the bathroom under negative pressure while using it.:eek:

For us, the small fan is adequate, along with a generous dose of bathroom spray. :eek:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kinda depends on your diet and if you really need to put the bathroom under negative pressure while using it.:eek:

For us, the small fan is adequate, along with a generous dose of bathroom spray. :eek:

It's funny how the fan pulls the spray up and out of the BR.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Always wondered why a bathroom vent is installed above your nose. Next house will have one in the wall below my nose.

jayc

Legendary Member
I had an idea several years ago after talking to a plumbing inspector at a city where I worked. He suggested building a toilet with a built-in exhaust fan in the under side of the toilet bowl, the part that the toilet seat sits on. He suggested a pressure switch on the seat that would turn the fan on when a person sits down. The odors would be trapped in the bowl and exhausted through piping through the roof.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I had an idea several years ago after talking to a plumbing inspector at a city where I worked. He suggested building a toilet with a built-in exhaust fan in the under side of the toilet bowl, the part that the toilet seat sits on. He suggested a pressure switch on the seat that would turn the fan on when a person sits down. The odors would be trapped in the bowl and exhausted through piping through the roof.

I would be afraid it might suck some sewer trout in it if it was mounted there. What a messy and disgusting thought. yuck LOL

Geonkat

I'd vote for some kind of fan upgrade. When we ordered our Bighorn, we asked if the factory could install the Fantastic Fan in the bathroom instead of the kitchen. They did and even located the fan thermostat in the bathroom. I then installed a Maxx Air Fan Mate cover which allows the fan to be used or left open in any weather. Now I don't worry about leaving it open when in storage.
The Maxx Air Turbo Max is a good option for aftermarket installation. Weather protection mentioned above and it does not require removal of the factory vent. I've had two of these on previous trailers and they work well.
Good luck with your decision and hope you enjoy the Bighorn.
George