Is this hose supposed to be connected?

BobTheBuilder

Sorry the image is sideways! Recently purchased a 2011 Bighorn and going through everything. Found this yesterday and the OSB floor below it shows some signs of moisture. There is also some rust and corrosion on the metal but I realize it is next to the vent which perhaps lets in some water in a driving rain (not sure). In the manual I found reference to drilling a hole for a drain but mine doesn't look like the photo in the manual. Is this a drain hose someone cut short instead of extending through the floor? It is also more toward the left when viewed from the rear and the space in the frame where I think there is supposed to be a hole for a drain is on the right side, again, per the photo in the manual. 20170623_120135.jpg

Bogie

That hose appears to be the condensate drain for the refrigerator. They typically drain through one of the holes in the access cover. They are relatively flimsy and break easily. Mine has broken twice. I just splice piece of vinyl tubing to it and make it long enough to route it through the cover.

Gary521

This looks llike the drain for the refrigerator. This can be routed two different ways: 1. let the drain hose exit the side vent so it drains outside. 2. secure a small pan or bucket and let the hose drain into it. The water will evaporate in the pan.

I see Joe is faster than me on the response

Lou_and_Bette

Not 100% sure from the close up photo but believe that is the drain hose from the refrigerator. This hose allows any moisture collecting from the cooling fins inside the refrigerator to drain to the outside. These hoses are notorious for becoming brittle and breaking off. It should be replaced and it routes to the outside through the louvers of the lower refrigerator vent. This hose should have a small cap on the end which prevents hot air from getting into the refrigerator compartment from the outside. If the cap is missing you should put a small bend in the new hose creating a "P" trap of sorts letting the drainage out but also keeping the hot air out. When you initially set it up, put a small amount of water in it to set up the block.

See was beaten to the punch by both of them. LOL