Issue Resolved for Bighorn 3100RL Propane sensor

Philp55

I have just converted all lighting in the RV over to LED. Works great until i got to changing the 4 bulbs in the two wall lights on the aft wall of the RV. Installed the coach left two LED's tried to turn them on and no light, the propane sensor light came on and it beeped momentarily. Original bulbs back in same issue. Coach right light same issue. Does anyone have an explanation or speculation on my new issue?
Thanks All

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Heartland Bighorn 3100RL Propane sensor

Most RV propane detectors have a limited life expectancy and should be considered for replacement every five to seven years.
If yours is still the original in your 2008 BH it might just be that time.
Other than that I have nothing to offer.

Peace
Dave

Philp55

More Data
Ive just removed the Safe T Alert 30-442 Propane detector from the RV. Lights on the aft wall of the rv still do not work. i Can only assume until further investigation that the power for the propane sensor comes from the same source as the lights. I have applied12 volts to the propane sensor and this produced no lights.
I will proceed tomorrow. All comments are welcome
Thanks

danemayer

Check the fuse with an ohm meter. Don't rely on lights or visual inspection.

Philp55

Issue Resolved. Thanks everyone for the input.
Further research today discovered a short in the coach aft left lamp. Once the lamp was taken out of the system and a fuse was replaced coach right is working, Proper power also at Coach left wiring. New light is on the way. Propane sensor is out of date, I was able to get it to work by applying 12volt power to the unit. The fuse that is supplying power to the looks perfect, tests bad once replaced Sensor works properly. New propane sensor on the way.