It's Official!.....A Reloading Class at the Nat. HOC Rally in Goshen!

DW_Gray

Re: Reloading Class at the Nat. HOC Rally in Goshen?

Dave, I am sure Jim will go for it, so just schedule it and I will also attend. Make sure the Smart car is out of the garage so no damage is done.
Since you are next to us again I will let Santha fire up her Margarita machine after the class.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

I hear ya. Still, Jim is in control and I haven't heard from him yet and he also controls the schedule. I don't want go over his head without his feedback.

As for the Margarita, Amy and I are all for that!

DW_Gray

I know you are talking about rifle and hand gun, but if some were interested in shot gun reloading I could bring my equipment and demo 12ga reloading.

That is a possibility. Looks like this up to 12 or so attendees so far. That's going to be crowded in my garage. "Where there is a will, there is a way."

Speaking of shotgun, I'm shocked at the price of shells now. It's ridiculous. I'm glad I have some in storage.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Dave, At least we can plan on the Margaritas. If reloading is mentioned the only proper thing for you to do is show how to do it correct.

JJnVA

Jack is very interested in participating.

hcriddle

I would love to get in if you do more than one class.

Zero knowledge other than watching some friends years ago.

DW_Gray

What will help me plan the course lessons is to know what level of knowledge each of you have. If you can, please go back and edit your post and let me know your reloading experience/knowledge, if any.

Thank you.

TXBobcat

Fulltime

lI have no experience in reloading. I have been planning on seeing my cousin in Oregon this year on the way back from Canada. He builds and reloads all of his firearms and he was going to show me how to reload.

BC

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

Post #4 is updated......thanks Dave!!

TandC

Dave,
Would like to attend your class.
I recently reloaded 50 handgun rounds using a friends turret press.
Interested in seeing your set up and the Dillon equipment.
Let us know what Jim B. has to say about a class.
Maybe a class during the prerally and then again during the rally ???
T

DW_Gray

It's official. the class is listed in the LTA Schedule.

Thursday, June 20, 1:45 – 3:00, Introduction To Reloading

Introduction to Reloading will cover component selection, reloading equipment, the basic reloading process and reloading safety. You’ll learn terminology, selection, primers, powder and bullets. Course includes types of equipment required for basic reloading. Basic process includes inspection, preparation and resizing. Prior to viewing a live demonstration of the basic reloading process, you’ll be briefed on important reloading safety guidelines.

Presented by: Dave Gray
NW Campground Site 451

Of course this is not enough time to teach a lot. But the word is, if you're not going to attend any of the other activities after 3:00 PM, I'll continue on as long as reasonably possible. Depending on time frames, I could possibly set up some appointment times over the remaining Rally days.

It's going to be tight, but we'll work it out the best we can.

Last edited:

lduguay

Perfect!!! Dave THANKS for taking your time to share!!!!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Dave, I am also interested. No knowledge.

happykraut

I've reloaded many 12ga shotshells long time ago and also reload 270 Win cartridges. I would be interested in attending your class.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Thanks Dave. Can't wait. Always looking to try something different. Basic loading since I was 12.

22 hornet
22-250
7mm-08
7mm Mag
30-30
30-06
300 Win Mag
9mm
38 special
44 mag

lduguay

Dave, I am also interested. No knowledge.

Hey Randy, maybe we can sit next to each other!!!!
Then you will feel safe!!!!smiley-face-grin.jpg

TXTiger

I am very interested in this reloading class. I have a single stage RCBS but have not used it much. If I continue I will have to get a progressive setup for handgun loads. Do we know what day and time this class will be held?

DW_Gray

As of this morning, there are 22 attendees signed up to attend this class. That's good. I have set the maximum number of attendees to 25 so there are three spaces available. After looking at the schedule for Thursday, I will end the class firmly at 4:45 P.M. As stated before, those who plan to attend other activities after the official LTA ending time of 3 P.M., just simply slip out.

I look forward to seeing you all. Also, Rex Hasty, who has more years experience than me, will be available to assist as well.

lduguay

Dave, you can open up my seat......the good news is we sold our house and bought another, the bad, is that we had to cancel our Goshen trip in order to pack up and be out next week! Will be "full timing" for 2 weeks , then move into new home.

Randy, I KNOW you will miss sitting next to me....and all that gun powder!!!

Last edited:

porthole

Retired

So where is the list and how do we know if we are on it?