It's time for disc brakes.

creeper

Just tested the HBA-Cam with the Ford integrated controller vs the Prodigy P3.

The HBA-Cam and Ford Controller win hands down. The Ford controller was smoother and more responsive. The P3 was no slouch, but didn't have the pop and smoothness the Ford did.

People ask why disc brakes? Well, when my camper was new the brakes were pretty good. You could never lock the brakes up, but still pretty good. They did suffer from fade on occasion, like coming off the Rocky Mountains.

The P3 couldn't lock the brakes on boost 3 and controller set to 9, but did stop pretty darn good.

The Ford controller set on 8 locked the brakes.... WOW... A setting of 6 gives great stopping ability, better then I've every had with the camper.

Highly recommended upgrade.

Going from 3k springs to 3.5k springs made quite a difference. It took out a lot of bounce out of the camper. Another recommended upgrade.

Very happy with the upgrades !!!!!!!!!!!

Rough estimate is approx. $2500 for the springs and brakes. This includes the oops of sending the wrong parts back.

A special thanks to Dave for recommendations and sources for parts.

Here is a link to my website which goes more in depth, more pictures and prices. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their help and suggestions.

http://www.rvingtheus.com/RVing_The...2012/5/22_Disc_brake_and_spring_upgrades.html

Last edited: