Jay Coffman

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Well, I'm back home after a VERY scary night. I didn't have a heart attack but did have super high blood pressure and a very rapid heartbeat. The doctor gave me a medication for high blood pressure and orders to consult with a cardiologist as soon as I can. We will be returning to Texas in the next couple of days-Doctor's orders- and will miss going to the Missouri rally.

Thanks to all who wished me well and sent up prayers for me. It just reminds me how great the Heartland family is. I love you all

Glad you are doing better Jay. Will continue to pray for you both and for you to get back on the road soon. Take Care!

Last edited by a moderator:

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Jay - this just popped up on my notice, two days late. If you need help driving I can get there in a few hours. Glad hear you are doing better.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Dang Jay, don't be pulling the same crap I did in Goshen. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but just found out about it. Judi and I will keep you and Stella in our prayers. Sorry I wont be seeing you in Carthage. Listen to your doctor, sometimes they do know what they're talking about.

How you ever noticed, doctors say the are practicing medicine. I just hope the quit practicing and get it right the first time......:)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
How you ever noticed, doctors say the are practicing medicine. I just hope theY quit practicing and get it right the first time......:)

I know!

I had a shoulder issue (rotator cuff?) problem a year and a half ago, and my doctor ordered 'physical therapy'!

I spent about $3000 and two months of physical therapy . . . and my shoulder still hurts!

I asked for an X-ray or MRI . . . she said it wasn't needed!

That was over a year ago!

And it has now worked it's way down into my elbow and wrist!

I'm very seriously thinking about looking for a new doctor . . .

Tylenol and Advil just ain't cuttin' it.

I'm 55 and gettin' old!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I had a very good experience here in Colorado. The little town of Del Norte has a very good Level IV trauma center and they took very good care of me.They don't have a lot of fancy-schmancy doodads to figure out why I had a heart attack but I'll be back in Houston in few days and I'm confident that they'll figure it out.

We're leaving tomorrow with lots of help from new friends here and lots of help from the Heartland family.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I had a very good experience here in Colorado. The little town of Del Norte has a very good Level IV trauma center and they took very good care of me.They don't have a lot of fancy-schmancy doodads to figure out why I had a heart attack but I'll be back in Houston in few days and I'm confident that they'll figure it out.

We're leaving tomorrow with lots of help from new friends here and lots of help from the Heartland family.

Glad everything worked out for you while you were here in Colorado!

I understand that we were just a few miles apart last week week up in the Colorado Rockies . . . wish we could have hooked up!

We were up at Blue Mesa near Gunnison.

Best of health and luck to you!

olcoon

One thing to think about doc's...Not only are they PRACTICING medicine, but 50% of them graduated in the last ½ of their class!!! You are correct, Jay, the Heartland family is OUTSTANDING when it comes to helping each other in a time of need! As far as that goes, so are most RV'ers!

jayc

We're back in Texas... Made it to Amarillo today. Dan Mayer drove this leg.

Jim Posz

Jay, we're glad to hear you are home and doing better. Take care, and we hope to see you in Fredricksburg for Valentine's day. Jim and Betty Posz

pegmikef

We're back in Texas... Made it to Amarillo today. Dan Mayer drove this leg.

Jay we are so glad you are almost home and will be able to get the medical care dictated by the Del Norte Trauma Team in a timely manner. I too was impressed with the trauma center and the volunteer ambulance crew and EMTs. It was fortunate and is nice to know that such excellent care is available in such a sparsely populated area as Creede. I hope you are continuing to feel better.

I would also like to give our sincere thanks to Dan and Ann Mayer and Tom and Marti Mangum for driving the rig and our beloved friends Jay and Stella from Creede, Colorado to their home in southern Texas!

Safe Travels everybody.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jay and Stella...you are both in our prayers. Jay ...we are so happy you are doing better, and are now back home to get the treatment you need. :) We just saw this this morning...haven't been on here too much lately, thanks to work! Get better quickly Jay....we still want to "follow" you guys around to rallies next year...;)

jayc

We are back in Dickinson, our base and the town where I worked for many years. I forgot how hot it gets here in late summer!

The Heartland family is so awesome! Many many thanks go to Dan Mayer and Tom Mangum for driving us back here. The drive was pretty easy but very long. Thanks again.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Let us know what the docs say Jay. In the meantime we will continue the prayers for ya. Btw at least you can get some Blue Bell now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alethaj

So sorry to hear that you have been ill....and so far from home as well.....God was with you and I am glad that you are back home and getting the care and attention you need to completely recover. John and I are north of Houston, not really that far away so please let us know if there is anything we can do for you...

happykraut

Jay, glad to hear that you and Stella made it home safe. Good luck at the cardiologist. Still praying.