jbeletti's Sundance 262 RB

jbeletti

Matt at Continuous Resources is a nice guy to deal with for many things solar.
BattleBorns are available for the same price from either BattleBorn direct or through Continuous Resources, but CR has a partnership with the guy on facebook Brian Boone and there is a discount code worth $25 per battery.

For everything I bought I sourced through multiple vendors either for cost or availability.

BattleBorn for tech info

Continuous Resources - for panels, BattleBorn batteries, panel fuses and brackets. Because I was the first customer to use order the newest tilt brackets I got them at a substantial discount (9 panels) Plenty of tech help back and forth with products I did not purchase from Matt

AM SOLAR - Rooftop combiner box (way overpriced), 10/2 duplex round cables with UV (pricey but good for the roof and sealing combiner box strain reliefs)

Northern Arizona Wind - nice, smaller breaker box and breakers for the panels

Amazon- best for 4/0 welding cable, 10 gauge MC-4 connectors and a variety of misc items

West Marine - anything else that was a crossover item (and I get vendor pricing)

I get no benefit or gain out of any of the above, just passing on where I had good results.

If you are planning on SOLAR, this may be the last year for the renewable energy credits (at least until the New Green Deal takes effect :eek: )

The 30% tax credit can be significant when you start pricing multiples of things. And it includes everything required to make the project complete. Just the batteries, that gives me almost 6 batteries for the price of 4, something to consider if you don't mind waiting for your return.

Great info - thanks Duane.

Mrsfish

TOOL ADDITION

For the past couple of years, I've been carrying a real nice Dewalt pancake style compressor in the bed of the truck, with a vinyl cover over the compressor head. I used the Dewalt to air up the truck and RV tires and run air nailers / staplers for small RV projects.

With the F450 now sold and the F150 with 5.5' bed on order, I will be WAY shorter on storage space. So I've decided to leave the Dewalt at home for home projects and replace it on the road with a Viair 400P-RV Portable Automatic Compressor Kit (p/n 40047).

A big difference for me will be no air tank but from all I've read, this compressor has what it takes to top off the tires and it fits the bill for taking up less space in the truck.

View attachment 60742 View attachment 60743 View attachment 60744 View attachment 60745

Rick loves his Viair so much he uses it exclusively- even when we are home vs his big air compressor.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

TOOL ADDITION

I've decided to leave the Dewalt at home for home projects and replace it on the road with a Viair 400P-RV Portable Automatic Compressor Kit (p/n 40047).

A big difference for me will be no air tank but from all I've read, this compressor has what it takes to top off the tires and it fits the bill for taking up less space in the truck.

View attachment 60745
Jim,

You might consider the 450P instead of the 400P. 100% duty cycle versus 33%.

jbeletti

Jim,

You might consider the 450P instead of the 400P. 100% duty cycle versus 33%.

Yikes - too late now :(

My tires are smaller than 5th wheel users, both in truck and trailer. Hope I will be okay with this.

Anyone reading this have any experience with either the 400 or 450 and truck/RV tires?

jbeletti

Yikes - too late now :(

My tires are smaller than 5th wheel users, both in truck and trailer. Hope I will be okay with this.

Anyone reading this have any experience with either the 400 or 450 and truck/RV tires?

Bummer - the 450P-RV right now is the same price on Amazon as the 400P-RV. I just earned a bad shopper badge. I used the Viair site to determine the best fit unit, then looked at only that unit on Amazon. Lesson learned.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
450P under the seat of the Ram. Great for truck tires at 80 PSI. No problem with 110 PSI on the trailer. Very compact and quiet.

mlpeloquin

Jim, I have the Viair 400. So long as your topping off 5 to 8psi, there isn't any weight time. I was running 120psi with the Goodyear G614's, and now 85psi with the Sailun 85R-16's. I did not have any problem with ether. A little slower at 115 to 120psi though. Given the choice with both being the same price well....

jbeletti

Marc and Jamie - thanks for the feedback. Jamie, you must have a huge underseat storage area. I think it would fit under mine in the 450 - not sure about the 150. But that's where I'd want it too.

So in terms of the 400 vs 450, as Dan pointed out, it's really the duty-cycle. And that's not small thing. But what's done is done. So long as I am merely topping off, hopefully I won't bump up against the 20 minutes on, then 40 minutes off issue of a 33% duty cycle.

That said, in this case, "don't be like Jim" :) When the 450 is the same price as the 400 - get the 450! :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Not much under seat storage like we have in the F350. But when the seats are folded up the back seat floor space is huge. Lots of room back there it's just not boxed in like our F350.
I'm not sure which one I like more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Not much under seat storage like we have in the F350. But when the seats are folded up the back seat floor space is huge. Lots of room back there it's just not boxed in like our F350.
I'm not sure which one I like more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good to know - sounds like it may go in the bed in a box - with the tonneau cover locked :)

Thanks Jerrod

porthole

Retired
Bummer - the 450P-RV right now is the same price on Amazon as the 400P-RV. I just earned a bad shopper badge. I used the Viair site to determine the best fit unit, then looked at only that unit on Amazon. Lesson learned.

There is a pretty good forum out on the net that you could have posted your query and gotten lots of good advice - it'll come to me in a minute. :rolleyes:

jbeletti

There is a pretty good forum out on the net that you could have posted your query and gotten lots of good advice - it'll come to me in a minute. :rolleyes:

Funny guy :) And I accept the compliments.

I research my purchases pretty well. Never thought to check the price in the next model up. Doh!

porthole

Retired
I won't bump up against the 20 minutes on, then 40 minutes off issue of a 33% duty cycle.

I think if you read the fine print the actual cycle may not be quite what you hope it would be.

For example, I have a paired Viair 480. They are rated 100% duty cycle 200 psi. BUT, the duty cycle is not at 200 psi, it is 100% at 100psi or 50% at 200 psi.
And you have to look close at the CFM's. Many CFM ratings are at 0 PSI with these small 12 volt compressors.

Viair is a little vague on duty cycle. They list it as the percentage of use in a full cycle (1 hour). In the past the duty cycle was further defined with a maximum non stop run time. For example, a 33% duty cycle compressor may be capable of running for 20 out of 60 minutes, but not 20 minutes continuous (2 minutes on, 6 minutes off, repeat etc).

mlpeloquin

I have run mine for over four minuets before changing to the next tire after reinstalling the TST pressure monitor. Two minuets between tires and maybe four changing sides without any problems. Did not get the pump hot. Just warm to the touch. Good for topping the tires off. I never had to top off the trucks tires on a trip.

danemayer

Jim,

You may be able to return the 400P to Amazon for just the cost of return shipping. It's been a while, but last time I returned something and checked the box, "Ordered Wrong Item", the shipping was at my expense instead of theirs, but I don't think there was any restocking fee.

jbeletti

Jim,

You may be able to return the 400P to Amazon for just the cost of return shipping. It's been a while, but last time I returned something and checked the box, "Ordered Wrong Item", the shipping was at my expense instead of theirs, but I don't think there was any restocking fee.

Right - I sort of tore up all the packing and may have tossed it all. I plan to try this one.