Joined the MorRyde Users

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I ordered my MorRyde last Monday morning from twettys at 599 delivered to the house by that Thursday afternoon the same week. I doubt you will beat that price

Theresau

We installed the Mor/Ryde - got the "05" springs because the trailer weighed 14,300 at the rally. However, ride was rough when we used last week - I feel much worse than it was with the standard pin box. In a dilemna now because we can order the "04" springs but they will cost $185. (I noted an earlier post in this thread that said they brought it into Mor/Ryde and they changed for free...Mor/Ryde did not offer that when I called them.)

We also don't want too weak of a spring so that it moves back and forth too easily. Mor/Ryde indicated we may not be engaging since we're not heavy enough. How would we know if we are engaging?

I strongly feel we had a better ride with the standard pin box. And no matter it was a very uncomfortable ride with the Mor/Ryde. We have a 2800 # pin weight...

Last edited:

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We also don't want too weak of a spring so that it moves back and forth too easily. Mor/Ryde indicated we may not be engaging since we're not heavy enough. How would we know if we are engaging?
I would think that the "witness marks" described and shown in pictures in previous posts would be what they are referring to.

dalspot

We've been having trouble with our MorRyde pin box too. When it arrived, we installed and went on a 142 mile trip down to VA and then back. GREAT ride! We were very happy we got it BEFORE we went to Goshen. Helped smooth out the rough roads on the way to IN. By the second day on the ride back home, EVERY time we stopped and started, the pin box was slamming metal on metal. You can see the dig marks on the bottom plate where the top is hitting (or vice-versa).

Called MorRyde and they thought we might have had the wrong spring, we verified that it was the #4 ( we weighed 12,656 at the rally). MorRyde sent us a replacement spring which we installed. We've only taken about a 5-mile trip since the replacement spring was installed, and are still not happy with the way the pinbox is handling. We have some play now in our hitch (Curt E-5 slider) - not sure if that is contributing to the problem or not. MorRyde said to put a piece of tape on the frame of the pinbox to see if it is still hitting. We have less travel now than we did before on the discs.

Will have to wait till Aug 9 to test it on the next trip out.

Karen

porthole

Retired
Can you explain "rough ride" The MOR/ryde pin box only moves back and forth (and a bit left to right).

Pin weight is not not much of an issue with he way the pin box works. Overall trailer weight and inertia is what you are trying to control with the MR.

If the spring was too strong, the pin box would act like a standard box with no movement. It would be no different then the box that came with the trailer.

If the spring was to light, it would "hammer" on acceleration and deceleration. That would be felt as a banging on the hitch. You might even be able to see it in the mirror.

Theresau

It doesn't hammer - it jerks. I say "jerks" because it feels worse than the chucking we've felt with the BH with the TrailAir and then with the BC with the standard pin box.

We're going to test the witness marks next - Joe cleaned all of this when we got home :).

And it was VERY sensitive - any road issue at all. With the standard pin box, there was just chucking over a poor road.

I mentioned the pin weight only because I knew that was an issue for the TriGlide...............needs pin weight..........

Can you explain "rough ride" The MOR/ryde pin box only moves back and forth (and a bit left to right).

Pin weight is not not much of an issue with he way the pin box works. Overall trailer weight and inertia is what you are trying to control with the MR.

If the spring was too strong, the pin box would act like a standard box with no movement. It would be no different then the box that came with the trailer.

If the spring was to light, it would "hammer" on acceleration and deceleration. That would be felt as a banging on the hitch. You might even be able to see it in the mirror.

porthole

Retired
Sounds like the spring is not stiff enough then.
If your hitch is "clean" there will not be much of a witness mark to see. They show up best with a dirty/dusty hitch.

You could take some blue painters tape and tape it about 2" in front of the front puck and the same behind the rear puck.
Do a test drive driving normally and see if the tape is ripped. Under very light acceleration and decell you should not be hitting the limits.

Just a thought, you do have a piece of rubber about 8" long, 1" wide 3'4" thick across the front of the pin box, yes?
This is the stop for the travel limit of the bottom plate.

porthole

Retired
Jon I see you have a SuperGlide. Are you sure the hitch is not too loose when the saddle is centered?
There is an adjustment for that play. Too loose and it will be uncomfortable. I kept mine tight enough so that I had to give a bit of a push to center the saddle

Theresau

It's adjusted tight.

Jon I see you have a SuperGlide. Are you sure the hitch is not too loose when the saddle is centered?
There is an adjustment for that play. Too loose and it will be uncomfortable. I kept mine tight enough so that I had to give a bit of a push to center the saddle

mobilcastle

I have had more than one Mor/Ryde pin box. We have always been happy with the ride-their must be something wrong. Call Mor/Ryde and check the puck marks as stated above.