Just ordered a Cycone 4100 yesterday!

alaska dodge

Re: Just orderd a Cycone 4100 yesterday!

CMS I am willing to bet that it is a dealer error. I custom ordered my unit with option I saw on the Landmarks and and every option Cyclone offered and when I placed the order I had to sign the dealer order sheet to make sure it is what I wanted, also on my deposit sheet I had the same list. I would agree with boatto5er, get your dealers order sheet to compare.

cms

CMS I am willing to bet that it is a dealer error. I custom ordered my unit with option I saw on the Landmarks and and every option Cyclone offered and when I placed the order I had to sign the dealer order sheet to make sure it is what I wanted, also on my deposit sheet I had the same list. I would agree with boatto5er, get your dealers order sheet to compare.

I've got a copy of the order sheet. AJ and another gentleman from Heartland were at my dealer when my deal was finallized. I even spoke to AJ on the 26th. We talked about my AC in the rear and about the size of my outside TV. Thats why I am baffled! Like I said, I know things happen but...

DW_Gray

Congratulations! Wow, the 4100 is really really nice. Go Ram!

Shh... please don't tell my wife about this model. She'll want me to trade in our 4012 for it.

porthole

Retired
CMS

Buy a case of cold ones and wait for a new trailer to be built to your specs. If you settle for this one, no matter what the price, you will always be "what if"....

iPhone using Tapatalk

cms

Still have not heard anything from the Factory. Disappointing! Oh well right...

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Moderators/Admins - OK, figure this one out. Last night I got an email saying a new post had been submitted on this thread. Here's the message:
"Dear boatto5er,

Vtxkid has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Just orderd a Cycone 4100 yesterday! - in the Cyclone - General Discussions forum of Heartland Owners Forum.

This thread is located at:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31713-Just-orderd-a-Cycone-4100-yesterday!?goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Don't go there Gus!!! ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
***************"

When I looked at the thread there was a post (#26), but the message was blank. The only thing showing was:

"Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2"
This morning, that post is completely gone. Forum ghosts????

danemayer

The blank post was deleted by Jimtoo. I saw the blank post last night and was wondering about why it was blank - looks like the content was lost after the server emailed you. Of course, Linuxkidd is still working to fix performance problems, so maybe something change at just the right (wrong) moment.

jimtoo

Yes, there was nothing there when I deleted it.. figured he hit the enter button by mistake.
Jim M

Vtxkid

My bust guys! I was trying to respond to an earlier post on this thread when I realized that it was an older post then I originally thought, then I tried to delete it being on a smart phone and it just wan't working out. Still in the learning phase with this phone stuff. sorry for the confusion...

cms

Well I heard back from AJ and the folks at Heartland. They are waiting on a chassis. My camper goes on production next Wednesday. They were very apologetic. I guess sometimes things happen for a reason. I was to get a option I was wanting but has not done in the past. So they are taking care of me. When I get it I will spill the beans.

So maybe things are on the up and up!

BrentnKim

Can anyone tell me if a Ford F-350 Lariat DRW 6.7 turbo will tow this 4100 beast?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

These are simple calculations. Search for 5th wheel weight calculator and you should find the link to the precise iPhone App one of our members developed. The 2012 F350 DRW has a payload of 13,300lbs. The truck weighs around 8800lbs if I recall correctly. That leaves a payload of 4500 lbs. Subtract your passenger and other truck cargo weight and you have your approximate pin weigh capacity. With proper weigh distribution in the Cyclone, you should be OK. Adding a load (e.g., motorcycles, golf cart, etc) in the rear cargo area will help lower the pin weight.

scottyb

Can anyone tell me if a Ford F-350 Lariat DRW 6.7 turbo will tow this 4100 beast?

You will have no trouble pilling it with your F-350 DRW. If you look at the specs, it has a lighter pin weight than a couple of the big Cyclones and has the same GVWR (18K). Although I intend to replace mine with a dually, my C-3500 SRW pulls it well. I will probably go with the 4.30 gears, so it doesn't have to work as hard, and because I intend to be in the mountains a lot. At last check, this meant moving up to a F-450.

BrentnKim

Thanks for the replies. We bit the bullet and ordered ours today! Can't wait to get it!

alaska dodge

You should be fine, I tow mine with a Dodge 3500 Dually, and 4:10 gears

porthole

Retired

The truck weighs around 8800lbs if I recall correctly.

How about real world - mine with hitch, tool box, 65 gallon tank, aluminum roll top cover, 2 adults and two golden's - just under 10K

If "I" was going to buy a 4100 "I" would pull it with a 450.
Just my opinion based on what we have now.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired

You should be fine, I tow mine with a Dodge 3500 Dually, and 4:10 gears
I pull my 18,000 pound Cyclone 3850 with the same truck. It doesn't mind the load at all! I'm very happy I went with the "Heavy Tow" package with the 4:10 gears. I've only put 5000 miles on the truck so far but I'm getting consistent 9.3 mpg towing. I'm told the truck won't start loosening up (better mileage) til at least 7000 miles but I think that's pretty good so far!