Just When I Thought I Had Seen It All

EPaulikonis

I thought it was Anal Tunnel Syndrome. Besides, don't any of you believe in natural selection anymore? And agreed...hope it's not his wife or kids that gets hurt when the self-critiquing life event happens as the trailer slips from the jacks.

Cranial Rectal disease runs rampant and is terminal!

danemayer

Why don't you talk to the park manager. Maybe if the manager intervenes, you can save this family some heartbreak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I feel sorry for the person who owns the rig on the downhill side of him. This rig could roll over is it falls off the jack. Unlikely but possible. I think talking to the park manager about this would be the right thing to do. Maybe offering to help show him the right way to use the jackstands would work. But again it sounds like this guy is a 'know it all'

Power-Stroke

Wow!!!

Story he tells the wife..... "of course this is safe, do you think I'm an idiot"
Story they tell their dealer..... "so, I was using the bathroom when all of a sudden there was a boom and the next thing I know my toyhauler was laying on its side"!
Story they tell on a forum...... "clearly this was a manufacturing defect and now the brand (and dealer) refuses to stand behind their product"
Story they tell the insurance adjuster...... "I have no idea how this happened"

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!!!

Story they tell their dealer..... "so, I was using the bathroom when all of a sudden there was a boom and the next thing I know my toyhauler was laying on its side"!
Story they tell on a forum...... "clearly this was a manufacturing defect and now the brand (and dealer) refuses to stand behind their product"
Story they tell the insurance adjuster...... "I have no idea how this happened"
LOL, love it!

Peace
Dave

buddyboy

I thought it was Anal Tunnel Syndrome. Besides, don't any of you believe in natural selection anymore? And agreed...hope it's not his wife or kids that gets hurt when the self-critiquing life event happens as the trailer slips from the jacks.

But the only cure is a headbuttectomy and there are very few people qualified to perform that procedure. Kidding aside we agree that the park manager is the appropriate person to address this issue since the failure of the current setup could cause damage to other campers and park assets.

sengli

That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. When it falls off those jack stands, that king pin support is toast.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
In this case I would not care if I hurt his feelings or not, he needs to be told how unsafe and unstable that is. If he does not listen, like what was mentioned before, the park manager needs to be alerted.

SilverRhino

Why don't you talk to the park manager. Maybe if the manager intervenes, you can save this family some heartbreak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Park owner is aware.

We definitely checked the situation and when and if his system fails the rigs around him will be safe. I even mentioned that with the side winder being off center there was a good chance that he could knock it off its "perch" when he hooks up.....still no concern!

- - - Updated - - -

Does he have the tires chocked good so it cannot roll?

Yes the tires are chocked so hopefully they will save him this time!

Last edited:

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
All I can say is WOW!!! Like others I do and I don't want to see the hookup process. The know it all will probably think you sabotaged his perfect setup when it all falls down.

Bones

I don't think I want to be here when he hooks up!
It would be a great youtube moment but I don't blame you. I know for a fact you can be perfectly on with the sidewinder and the trailer still moves. If anything it will probably come off the jack at the same moment he hooks up or the trailer king pin is on the fifth wheel. Either way he may or may not latch and then the trailer will separate from the fifth wheel. Butt all this aside his current situation may not cause failure here and it may not cause failure in the near future but he sure is taking on a huge risk that if I was close I may actually ask to be moved.

buddyboy

Wow! Some people think they know everything. We like advice and guidance - and I would think that if someone is telling you of danger, you would listen.

olcoon

Park owner is aware and also tried to explain the danger...... to which the owner replied "I have been driving trucks over the road for 30 years and I know what I am doing"

And he's probably one of those truckers that is driving down the road with a steering wheel in one hand and his **** in the other & doesn't know what to do with either one!!! A friend of mine has a father-in-law who was a truck driver, and can't drive worth a darn. His truck always has dings in it from his lousy driving. He once had a box trailer, pulled into the driveway one evening, and went to leave the next day & "forgot" he had it still hooked up. Backed up, got into a severe jack knife, and did a lot of damage to truck & trailer. He has the body shop on speed dial, and usually pays for repairs himself to keep the insurance company from jacking up his rates/canceling the policy.

Bohemian

Remember. 1/2 of ALL people are of below average intelligence. And, a large fraction are far below average. Then, even smart people can be stupid about some things.

That's why we have laws, regulations, guidelines, and suggestions. No one knows everything. (Not even me. LOL). Some can't accept an education.