Key West washer dryer and induction questions

eab

Hello group,

We are FTers looking to upgrade and Key West has made our short list but have 2 questions please:

1. In the W/D hutch is the dryer vented to the outside? (Forgot to check on our walk-through)

2. Are there plans for 2017 KW models to have the induction cooktop recessed (replacing the top drawer) so the entire counter top length will be unobstructed?

Thank you very much!
Elizabeth

jbeletti

Hello group,

We are FTers looking to upgrade and Key West has made our short list but have 2 questions please:

1. In the W/D hutch is the dryer vented to the outside? (Forgot to check on our walk-through)

2. Are there plans for 2017 KW models to have the induction cooktop recessed (replacing the top drawer) so the entire counter top length will be unobstructed?

Thank you very much!
Elizabeth

Hello Elizabeth and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We're delighted that Landmark has made your short list and are hopeful that you will be living in one in a very short time.

With regard to your questions...

I doubt Heartland will be recessing the cooktop.

Please note, the last date for dealers to send orders into Heartland for the Key West is April 1st - link to statement by Landmark GM. This is only important if you planned to have a dealer order a Key West with just the features you want. If you plan to buy off the lot, there will likely be ample inventory around the country for a few months.

Regarding the dryer vent - my sense is that the dryer is on the left as you face the cabinet and as such, it would be vented to the outside out the off-door-side of the coach. That said, the units do NOT come with the vent pre-installed unless the coach is ordered with the washer/dryer option. Note that washer/dryer is optioned by fewer than 5% of buyers. As such, Heartland is discontinuing the option very soon. This will be a dealer installed option (DIO) going forward. Your dealer can check with their Landmark rep to confirm if your unit can still be ordered with W/D or if the dealer has to order them from their supplier and do the install at the dealership.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim the Keywest that we have looked at both at the Houston RV show and at Dixie in Breaux Bridge the washer is on the left as evidenced by the water hookups and the dryer is on the right. Jo and I were both asking about that and only plausible exhaust would be through the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eab

Thank you both for your timely and detailed answers.

A recessed induction cooktop was not a need, just a "Gee, that would be very nice" want.

The dryer being on the right and needing to be vented through the floor instead of located on the left and vented at a slightly downward angle (to somewhat help avoid lint buildup) is, however, an issue for us. Being directly vented outside is not only a convenience (using a "real" dryer instead of an "RV" dryer) but also a fire safety issue for us (hubby was a firefighter).

Thanks again to both of you for your help. We truly appreciate it.
Elizabeth

danemayer

I haven't looked at a Key West recently, but I'm wondering why you can't run the vent out the side. If the dryer were on the left, the exhaust hose would attach at the rear of the dryer and be routed behind the dryer to the wall. If the hose can run behind the dryer, why wouldn't there be space to run it behind the washer as well? We have a stacked unit in the bedroom. If I recall correctly, the exahust is on the rear of the dryer, toward the left. So it runs behind most of the dryer to get to the vent. Seems like your hose would only need to be about a foot longer than mine.

Btw, our house has the washer on the left, along with its plumbing connections. But the dryer exhaust is also on the left, while the dryer sits on the right. I thought it was odd, but it doesn't create any problems that I can see.

DavidCraker

Having just bought a 2016 Key West, we are having a washer/dryer installed and our washer connections are in the left cabinet. I have seen other Key West's with the washer connections in the right cabinet, not sure if this was a mid year change or not.

jbeletti

I agree with Dan that there is likely space to pass the dryer vent through the washer cabinet. A quick call to the LM group should yield the answer as to what the expectation is. Call 574-262-5992 and ask for Landmark Sales.

Let's not let this question dissuade you from Landmark.

eab

Thank you all very much. We appreciate all of the great info! We'll be calling LM today.

Thanks again,
Elizabeth

AWesdorp

Good morning--yes--when we designed the Key West "hutch", the dryer was indeed intended to vent out the side of the wall, with the ductwork running behind the washer. There is room to do so when the Splendide washer/dryer is installed. I know of one occasion where an install did not go well, but once we dug into that situation we realized it was the tech's lack of experience (rookie), not the space for the ducts/plumbing, etc.
Hopefully this helps your buying decision and I'm looking forward to welcoming you into the Landmark/Heartland family. Have a great day, Andy