TikiDawg's Key West Modifications

TikiDawg

Love your basement mod Steve! Wondering... Could you have picked up some additional vertical space by installing a Hepvo valve IPO the trap from the shower or sink drain where you did the angle wall? If that pipe shadows the 3" toilet waste pipe, I guess you'd be locked into what you did.

Thanks Jim,
Your statement pretty much sums it up. The smaller diameter pipe mirrors the toilet pipe. I was not willing to start cutting the plumbing. The almost 11 cubic feet gain got me the extra space needed for the propane grill and more.

TikiDawg

We have a local fabric store called Joannes. It is a felt material, I sent the wife she's the expert in that area.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TikiDawg

Copied another 'Jesstalkn' mod, added rear backup lights to the LM365 Key West. I tapped into the tail light power with a 12volt remote switch. Using the key fob, I can turn on and off the backup lights.
043bed00b3f6634fbf6073641c4f4941.jpg
0878bc2a3fbf5eeae618e2f972c202ec.jpg

TikiDawg

Another fun project inspired by Jarrod, 'Jesstalkn '... A solar powered lighted rally flag holder.
e3452f51f68b800bfbec68105a0fe044.jpg
969ecb8f2572b4acbf79ea0558503994.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Copied another 'Jesstalkn' mod, added rear backup lights to the LM365 Key West. I tapped into the tail light power with a 12volt remote switch. Using the key fob, I can turn on and off the backup lights.
043bed00b3f6634fbf6073641c4f4941.jpg
0878bc2a3fbf5eeae618e2f972c202ec.jpg

Lights look good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TikiDawg

All thanks to you. Your visual instructions from your post worked perfect. Just followed the blue tape diagram.

TikiDawg

I've fallen behind on posting our "Mods" to our LM365 Key West. I'm going to try to catch up a little.
In October of 2022, we had the FlexArmor Roof Coating applied at AZ RV Roof in Prescott Arizona. We are extremely happy with the end result. The service we received was outstanding! TLQ - FlexArmor1.jpgTLQ - FlexArmor2.jpgTLQ - Flex Armor 4 e (3).jpgTLQ - Flex Armor 4 e (2).jpgTLQ - Flex Armor 4 e (1).jpg

TikiDawg

While preparing for the FlexArmor Roof installed, we had planned ahead for our solar panel installation. 8 x 200 watt panels. The crew at AZ RV Roof installed stainless steel bolts kits to the roof in our specified locations and our solar wire junction box before the coatings were applied. After the coatings were dry, they mounted the Uni-Strut rails for the solar panels.

TLQ - FlexArmor - Roof Rails.jpg

TikiDawg

After lots and lots of studying and watching countless hours of YouTube videos. We began our Lithium Battery and Solar Panel project. We did this entire project by ourselves. We are extremely proud of the way it turned out. I wanted to keep this installation as "Clean Looking" as possible. It took several days just organizing the existing wire rat's nest.

Modifications to the "old" battery compartment.

TLQ - Old Battery Compartment.jpg

Solar Panel installation - No loose wires and eturnabond tape on the roof !!!

TLQ - Solar Panels Installed - Final.jpg

Two BattleBorn GC-3 (270amp hours per battery = 540 amp hours).

TLQ - BattleBorn GC3s.jpg

The Victron component walls.

TLQ - Victron Equipment - zoom out.jpg

Got to show-off a little... Light it up!

TLQ - Victron Equipment - Final.jpg

Inside the coach. (On Shore Power, inside the RV Barn, with Refrigerator running)

TLQ - Control Panel Cabinet.jpg

david-steph2018

Nice looking work. We had a company install a whole rig solar on our Road Warrior last September. It was Solar Energy Systems in Nappanee.

This coming November we are scheduled to have the Flex Armor roof work done in Florida at the Ft. Myers site.
Our solar has the same number of panels, but we went to 960AH's in batteries with 2–3000-watt inverters, one to each leg of the power box. I am still undecided to use the mounting brackets that are installed for the solar panels, or do the uni-strut rail, like you installed.
Did you just cover the skylight over the shower with the Flex Armor, which is what we are considering.

The site in Florida quoted us a rate of $199/ln foot. Which is the range of different quotes from 4 different sites for the roof.