Keyless Entry

texasron

Hello, we are new to this forum and also a new owner of a 2103 3685 Bighorn. Would anyone have any suggestions on how to re-program the keyless entry.. I installed a new battery followed the steps in the manual to the letter, I get to the 3rd step and the light will not stay on. I have called Mike Fahey at Southco, left several messages with no response. Thank you for allowing me join your forum.

danemayer

Hi texasron,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I think if you replace the battery, it should just work. Are you trying to follow the procedure to change the entry code, or are you trying to re-enroll the keypad? Re-enrolling the keypad requires you take the window out of the door to gain access to the receiver. We have a couple of documents in the manuals section of the forum that may provide additional information to help. Here's a link.

When the keypad battery is replaced, I think things are just supposed to start working again. If they don't, the receiver may have forgotten the enrollment info. If so, you'll have to take the window out of the door to get to the receiver.

texasron

Hi texasron,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I think if you replace the battery, it should just work. Are you trying to follow the procedure to change the entry code, or are you trying to re-enroll the keypad? Re-enrolling the keypad requires you take the window out of the door to gain access to the receiver. We have a couple of documents in the manuals section of the forum that may provide additional information to help. Here's a link.

When the keypad battery is replaced, I think things are just supposed to start working again. If they don't, the receiver may have forgotten the enrollment info. If so, you'll have to take the window out of the door to get to the receiver.
Dan, Thank you for your reply. I am trying to change my entry code number. I have tried every thing the manual has to offer. The pad will not stay lite up long enough for me to complete entering a new number. I have called Mike Fahey and left 3 messages on his voice mail from Southco.

danemayer

I always had trouble entering the code and holding the last number for 2 seconds. My fingers wanted to finish the code and then press the last button again to hold it for 2 seconds.

Relayman

Do you enjoy the keyless entry ? I am considering installing a keyless system on my Big Horn..and was wondering if those that have them actually like them ? are they dependable ? do the batteries last ? are they as secure as a standard door lock ? What do you think ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Use ours all the time. My wife could not figure out which direction to turn the key, top key hole & bottom key hole. She would lock one and unlock the other. Now she presses a button. We opted not to have a key pad. Just the fob and the key as a backup. The batteries in the receiver unit lasted two years and so far have not had to replace the fob batteries. The locks are dependable, and use the existing door latch and deadbolt.

To let you know we did have an intermittent problem and they sent me a new receiver board. RV Lock is a good company and backs up their products.