Keys

Quilter

Full Memeber
I have lost the door key for our 2014 Big Horn 3610. We still have my husband's key but no spares not do we have a spare key for the basement doors which use a"R001". Does anyone know where we can get replacements made?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

You probably will have to go to a locksmith shop to have them made. I lost one entire set and the hardware places could not do some of the keys so I ended up at a locksmith.

richheck

Seasoned Member
R001 keys an be ordered from Amazon. The coach door key can be ordered from the lock manufacture, you will need to remove the lock from the door to get the key code number if your other key doesn’t have it on it.

MikeR

Time for programmable RV Locks, for both entry door and cabinet doors. It is so nice to not worry about keys. Definitely worth the money!

schew

i went to my rv dealership (Le Mesa RV) to order additonal keys. It turns out the have blanks and cut me new keys on the premise. Think it was $7 per duplicate...

MikeR

Have those and dead batteries can leave you sitting outside with no key :)

No you won't! They also come with keys, i have them and keep them where I kept my old keys, I've just never used them. I just put in new batteries once a year.

Quilter

Full Memeber
Thanks everyone for your ideas. Do you have a price range for the programmable locks?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

No you won't! They also come with keys, i have them and keep them where I kept my old keys, I've just never used them. I just put in new batteries once a year.

Perhaps I should have clarified this some. I have RVLocks. If you depend upon just the locks you can end up locked out. I have keys too but since I have electric locks I seldom have them in my pocket. I change the batteries often also but what I was simply saying was that if you depend upon anything with a battery in it you can get fooled. Batteries sometimes just croak for no good reason.

I have ONStar also, and got out of the truck to fuel in the middle of nowhere, I accidently hit the door lock as I was getting out and locked myself out of the truck. The cell phone was still in the truck. So I can't use my phone to open the door or call ONStar for help. Luckily my wife had her phone and was out of the truck. Point is-stuff happens!

LBR

Thank goodness the instructions will all RVLocks suggests for us to keep one key accessible at all times, suggestingit in our standalone TV or hidden somewhere on a motorhome. I appreciated them putting that in the literature as a friendly reminder to everyone.