King Pin

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
How many of you use a King Pin Stabilizer on your 5th wheel rig. I'm new to the 5th so I thought I would ask if this is a needed item to keep some of the shake down.

Getting new tires on this Tue. No BlowMax tires for me..........:)

jnbhobe

Get a set of JT stabilizers, they are ten times better than a pin stabilizer. I'll give ya a pin stabilizer, I made the mistake years ago

MTPockets

I find that it helps and use it if parked over a week. The trick is to get plenty tight. I always crank it as tight as I can, then make sure the rear stabilizers are tight as well.

porthole

Retired
Get a set of JT stabilizers, they are ten times better than a pin stabilizer. I'll give ya a pin stabilizer, I made the mistake years ago

I'm with Jon, and I'd give one if I did make the error.
I could give you a satellite tripod that you could adapt, it would be just as effective :rolleyes:

(unless I could get Jon to buy it back :cool:)

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with the others, get the JT's instead.

I also ended up giving my kingpin tripod to a friend. Trace

sjs731

Get JT Strongarms. You won't be disappointed and they are one less thing to find storage for to haul along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I went with the Ultra-Fabs our first season, but have never used a king pin stabilizer. Used to watch my BiL fight with his. No thanks.

Dutch & Di

Some if depends on what type of camping you do. If you are a weekender or occasional user, the movement you get might not bother you & a Tri pod might me enough. Being fulltimers we needed more than the Tri pod. While it helped to a degree, it didn't do what I wanted. Dutch even added an aftermarket additional set of arm jacks at the very rear of our coach. Again, it helped some. Once we added permanently installed stabilizers our movement was eliminated. Even in high winds we are nice and stable. I also love the fact that Dutch doesn't have anything to put up, take down or store. I wouldn't have any 5th wheel without them. Hugs, Di