King size bed width

sgtbigb

Sorry I am not a full timer, but can some tell how wide is the King Size Bed?. My Wife want to put a memory top on the king size bed matress.:confused:

2010augusta

Re: King size bed wigth

We just bought a 3" memory foam topper and it was a 76" wide king, so I just used a bread knife and cut 6" off one side and it fit perfectly now.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Re: King size bed wigth

The width of our king bed in our Bighorn 3400RE is 72" Wide and 80" long. The 72" wide made it a little difficult to change sheets and such.

We just purchased a new mattress. Our Dr. suggested that we get a better mattress and stay away from springs and vinyl. We had a natural Rubber mattress made at Sleepcraft Mattress in Lewisville TX.
We had them make it 71" wide and 80" Long so we still had the length and a little room to make up the bed. It cost about $1600 and it is a lot better than the original that came in our trailer.

We were looking at the Sleep number bed at Camping World but thought it would be a pain to have to be sure it was aired up and then if we went to the mountains to deflate it. Didn't want to have a problem with the plastic. Dr. said to stay away from a lot of plastic because it will emitt fumes for quite a while and it can effect some people.

We like our new mattress and sleep very weil.

FWIW
BC