Kingpin Tripods

DXprowler

Cool! Where's the dolly pad from? It's not the original pad is it? I can't quite figure it out?? And I guess you just drilled a hole threw the square tube at the top? How long was that tube (if you have the measurements handy)? Real slick Larry!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Cool! Where's the dolly pad from? It's not the original pad is it? I can't quite figure it out?? And I guess you just drilled a hole threw the square tube at the top? How long was that tube (if you have the measurements handy)? Real slick Larry!

It was the original pad. I used 5/8" square stock to slide inside the tripod leg. The inside of the tube measured 11/16". I just drilled a hole through the stock end so it could be installed on the brackets.

The pressure bolts are SS. I drilled two holes in each leg and welded a 1/2 x 13 nut over each hole. The square stock that slides inside the tripod leg is 24" long.

Pretty easy to bulid and makes all the difference inside the coach. I just couldn't see spending $400 for a name brand. Plus I dont have $400 but I had the tripod.

I would like to build some for the rear jacks, just haven't gotten around to it.

DXprowler

Yep I'm with you! This is a great project and not too difficult to do! My only problem is my tripod is 1300 miles away and I won't be seeing it till June. It will have to wait till then. PU the new BH 3410RE next Wed so there will be more than enough projects to do. Tnx for all the info Larry, and what a great idea, these SN Stabilizers will work wonders!

Bill