Kitchen and living room slide-outs problem.

TBone237

This is my first post, thank you for having such a great forum for us. I have 2016 Edge Toyhauler. The slideouts make a fluttering noise when they are at the end of the out or in position. It seems to me they should just come to a stop quietly. When I let go of the button it stops. Is this normal or is something out of adjustment? The bedroom slider doesn't do that. I bought it used.

danemayer

Hi TBone,

If those slides are driven by the hydraulic pump (not an electric motor), you may be hearing the pump lug, or a clutch slipping, when end of travel is reached. That's normal. There's no limit switch on the hydraulic slides, so it's up to you to let go of the rocker switch.

TBone237

Hi TBone,

If those slides are driven by the hydraulic pump (not an electric motor), you may be hearing the pump lug, or a clutch slipping, when end of travel is reached. That's normal. There's no limit switch on the hydraulic slides, so it's up to you to let go of the rocker switch.

Ok, thank you. That makes me feel better.

CoveredWagon

This is my first post, thank you for having such a great forum for us. I have 2016 Edge Toyhauler. The slideouts make a fluttering noise when they are at the end of the out or in position. It seems to me they should just come to a stop quietly. When I let go of the button it stops. Is this normal or is something out of adjustment? The bedroom slider doesn't do that. I bought it used.

It’s most likely a pressure relief valve operating in the hydraulic system. It keeps you from moving them too far and doing damage. The bedroom slide is driven by an electric motor located under the bed (I think that’s where it is)