Kitchen faucet still leaking

RanCarr

I mentioned before that we already had to replace the kitchen faucet because my husband couldn't find any way to stop the leak under the sink. Since the faucet leaked we thought that was the problem. We bought a new faucet and sealed the thing to the counter so it doesn't leak.... it's leaking again. We can't tell where the leak is coming from. It's not from the new faucet itself. So apparently there were two places the water is/was leaking from. The area is designed in such a way only a small child could fit under the sink for a good look. I tried using a mirror but it didn't help.

Also, the outside shower is barely dribbling. We took the spray head off and nothing was clogging it. The warranty is almost up and we're something like 7 or 800 miles from home and the dealer who repairs these TTs.

What now?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Like any other under sink repair you will need to find a way to get under there. Once you do, you can use a little toilet tissue and wrap it around each water and drain line. When it gets wet you have found your leak.
As far as the outside shower goes, find a way to access the back side of it and look for a kink in the shower line.
Come back and let us know what you have found.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Call Heartland Customer Service and explain the problems and ask if they will cover the warranty work on the date you plan to get back to the dealer, even though the warranty would have expired by then. If they agree, they can log the problems in their computer system and authorize the dealer when you get there. Ask them to make a note in their computers under your VIN#.

Make sure you log the time and date of the call, and the First/Last name of the Customer Service Rep so you can jog their memory if necessary.

jbeletti

RanCarr,

Both Dave and Dan have given you great advice. I suggest you do both.

Note too that Heartland will do their best to work with any repairer you have available to you. Does not need to be a Heartland dealer either.

Jim

RanCarr

Like any other under sink repair you will need to find a way to get under there. Once you do, you can use a little toilet tissue and wrap it around each water and drain line. When it gets wet you have found your leak.

It's not coming down one of the lines. It's dripping from above somewhere. The sink itself can't be removed without removing the plumbing and counter-top. This is not the job for two seniors, both with arthritis. :( The drips are coming from too far back for either of us to reach. Like from under the faucet area somewhere but that is well sealed. To reach there you have to reach under the sink and way up... impossible for the average size person's average size arms. Only a small child could fit in there and we have no kids with us. None in the 55+ Resort either. It's frustraiting beyond belief.

As far as the outside shower goes, find a way to access the back side of it and look for a kink in the shower line.
Come back and let us know what you have found.

Thanks Dave. That's exactly what it was. It's designed in such a way that the hose crimps/kinks behind the outside shower wall when used. It's also designed in such a way it's very difficult to turn on and off the hot water outside as the hose is over the knob. I have to wonder if the engineers who design some of these things actually use them or try them out before they go into production. :confused: Allow me to add here that the bathroom sink has such a short faucet we cannot fit our hands under it to wash/rinse them. :( We wash our hands in the kitchen sink. The bathroom faucet needs to be at least 1 to 1 1/2" longer to be useful.

Peace
Dave