Kitchen Slide Failing - 2011 Greystone

retucker

Noticed my Kitchen slide was not closing completely on rear end side. Assumed this was just an adjustment but inspection revealed a significant problem. Lag screws which apparently secure the square steel tube on the end of the slide mechanism to the slide floor had worked loose and dropped out. The square steel tube has twisted away from the slide floor on the back end of the slide. (see attached photo) The lag screw in the photo plus several others not visible in the photo were inserted in attempt to resolve the problem. The ‘fix’ did not work. What I can't determine w/o disassembling the Lippert slide out mechanism is how the square tube is attached to the slide floor. Since it has only twisted away from the floor in the back, there must be something securing it to the floor in the front half of the square steel tube. The slide still functions but obviously needs repair.

This appears to be a job for the factory but this camper is not worth what it would cost for the trip to Indiana, the wait for repair and the charges. Any ideas on how I might repair it myself?

Sorry about the photo. No matter how loaded it gets posted 90 degrees tilted to the left.
KS.jpg

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The lag bolt that was used in an attempted repair may not have been long enough and/or the thread count appears to be to small to effectively hold in the particle board that the slide floor is made of.
Also when the repair was made was the tension off the slide mechanism or did you/someone try to pull the twisted tube back in place?
There is also the possibility that there is some rot in the floor and nothing will hold in that.
You might be able to add some steel plate to the floor then screw the tube into that.
Be sure to come back and let us know how the repair was finally done.
Are you the original owner?

Peace
Dave