L/R slide tilts BAD 2016 4200 Cyclone

Tree14

Hello everyone

The last two times we have brought in our living room slide it tilts. The top stays back while the floor slides up. Like a step very scarey! Need ideas

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wdk450

Hello everyone

The last two times we have brought in our living room slide it tilts. The top stays back while the floor slides up. Like a step very scarey! Need ideas

See the vertical slide room adjustment procedure on page 17 of this manual from our Heartland Owners Manuals library (see the TOOLS tab at the top of any forum page) : http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...ippert Hydraulic-Slide-out-Service-Manual.pdf

Beyond that, you might want an RV repair professional to inspect it.

danemayer

Check for 2 things:

1. Something blocking movement of the slide at the top.
2. Check underneath where the ram attaches to the bottom of the outside wall of the slide room to see if there's any difference when retracted from when extended.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had the same thing happen on our 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon. The top of the off door side slide tilted out when bringing the slide out, alarming everyone, but we soon found that a painting that the DW had made had become wedged against the wall, causing this problem. Said painting quickly went into trash and we were happy campers again.

Sowie

My 4200 LR slide jumps around a bit (bottom starts to come in and top leans back before the whole things starts sliding in. Did you say yours jumps up?

I did notice the fridge side has a slight gap at the bottom on the inside I can put my fingers behind it and the wall. The other side is tight against the wall. I am trying to decide if it’s worth adjusting.

Only other problem I have had was the plastic piece under the slide that holds the wiring broke. I re-engineered it but still keep an eye on it as every once in a while it doesn’t seem to fold up correctly.

Let us know what you find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tree14

Bracket broke..metal fatigue. They replaced it with a four sided bracket vs the three.. Heavier metal too

oldelmer1

Bracket broke..metal fatigue. They replaced it with a four sided bracket vs the three.. Heavier metal too

Can you be a little more specific?

What metal bracket and where is it located?

THANKS...