Lake George and Nashville

Dloebrich

Planning trips to Lake George NY and Nashville.
Lookin for recommendations on campgrounds/ rv parks.
We are 44 ft fiver plus the truck. Like quiet and rustic. Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks
Dan

Piperflyer

Stayed in Nashville this past May. Just some advice - stay away from the freeways during rush hour,(Crazy) there is a lot of parking spots downtown, if you care to drive downtown. Here is the web site for parking ParkIt Downtown Nashville :: Interactive Map :: Surface Lots. The Grayline Bus stops at a lot of the RV Parks and will take you to town and they even do tours of the town you can sign up for. Make sure you see a show at the Ryman Theatre & Grand Ole Opry and make sure you walk the main drag of Nashville day or night. Take a walk through the Gaylord Hotel and stop in the Nashville Palace which is close to the Gaylord for some great free country music.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Hi I definitely would recommend Lake George RV Resorts we were there back in 2012 for a NY rally and we are actually hosting our rally for 2016 there in September. Not sure when you are looking to go but they do have plenty of large sites to accommodate the newer rigs check out their website www.lakegeorgervpark.com. Good luck in your planning

shurack24

Suggest you look at King Phillips Campground (Lake George); stayed there a couple of times now, recommended.
the "French mountain" sites are pretty out-of-the-way/remote/quiet/dark sites

alwaysbusy

Went up to Lake George a few years back, stayed at Lake George Escape Campground. It wasn't bad, but sites just too close. If we would go to that particular area again we'd go somewhere else. Make sure you go down into town by the water and shops. Its' a nice stroll in the evening with pizza and ice cream stops. Depending on the evening, they have markets in the park area.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
In Nashville, both the 2010 North America Heartland Owners Club Rally and the 2015 TN Rally was held at Nashville KOA. It's a little pricey but you can get a large sites plus there is a bus service that run from the campground to downtown daily.

ATLJOHN

We where just in Nashville last week and stayed at the Seven Point Campark. It is a Army Corp park and only about 20 min ride to downtown or the Grand Old Opry. Most sites are pretty big Only water and electric I think most sites have 30 & 50 amp. We are going to Lake George this Sunday and staying at King Phillips campground . Have not been there but my niece has their trailer setup their for the season. Have safe travels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jjwink

We live in Nashville/Gallatin. For peace and quiet try COE campground Cages Bend on Old Hickory Lake. Convenient to grocery and Walmart and about 45 minutes to Nashville.