Lakeside KOA - 4 HLS

cjbearden

Visitor
Got to meet 2010Augusta and Colorocky(North Trail) folks today. There is also a Big Country in the park but haven't met the owners yet. It is always great to see other Heartlanders on our travels. (Ft. Collins, CO)

Last edited:

rjr6150

Hi guys wish we knew you were there. We're up getting a grandson fix in Greeley today and would of drove up. Hope your in one of the hot tube sites they are great. Stayed there 2 weeks ago and loved it.:)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey CJ, nice to hear your getting around out there. Enjoy your travels and stay safe. We've got both of our kids and all their kids here for the weekend:eek::D. I just called it a night. Too long of a day for this not too old fart. Bob & Pat come in Monday for a week. We'll be talkin about all ya'll.:D

cjbearden

Visitor
Randy & Kathy, sorry we missed you. We are staying longer here than planned. Will leave on 7/06 so if you are back in the area, maybe we can get together. Email me if you think you might be near Ft. Collins before the 6th. We will be checking on the hot tub sites!

Hi Ray and Lin. Sure wish you were here to go to Beer Fest!! Didn't realize there are so many breweries in this area. So many to try and so little time! What a dilemma. Glad you are having fun with all the kids. :) Be kind. Remember, what goes around, comes around! Enjoy your time with Bob and Pat. We will be thinking of you guys.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Carolyn
Good to hear your having fun in Colorado. We are only 75 miles away from Ray & Lin. Plan to be there on Monday and stay through the holiday weekend. We have never been in the Cheese country. Hear they have a lot of good cheese made here.. You know the Green Bay Cheese Heads.. LOL..

Keep an eye on the HOP and maybe we will cross paths later this year..
BC

cjbearden

Visitor
Hey Bobcat

Hope your travel to the Dakotas is on a better highway than I-80 - it was very rough and lots of construction. Scenery was great. Thank goodness for the IS and brakes!!!!

We will leave Ft. Collins on the 6th, travel to Rawlins, WY for one night then continue on I-84 to Brigham City, UT to stay for a week. Leave UT on the 14th and drive to Caldwell, ID to spend possibly a month (rates at Country Corners Campground are $290/mo and includes 50 amp). Give us time to recoup on some of our expensive RV additions acquired while in Elkhart/Goshen! Also, lots of wineries in the area, fruit orchards, hot springs, wildlife viewing, etc. May not be as cool as some of the higher mountain areas but we thought we would give it a go. We will then plan our next moves.

Happy summer travels to all. Get out there and show off those HL products. Bob, I will try to keep our HOP updated. Hope to see you down the road. God Bless.

Carolyn

2010augusta

It was great to meet up whit J.D. and C.J. Too bad we were only there for a night we would have liked to chat a little more. Good to see th HLs out and about.

Ray LeTourneau

CJ, you had mentioned ending up in CA. Hemet I think??? What park? We may have an opportunity to work camp in Indio. MAYBE...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
CJ, well if you stay in Hemet. Then Pat and I will be your neighbors. The oldest son lives in Hemet. Well if you have the time and want to get together for lunch or dinner let us know. We like to meet HL people. Bob and Patty:D

Bob&Patty

Ray, Indio in the summer?? OUT here??.:eek: You must really like the heat. If you do work camp out here let us know. We are about 3 hours away. Love to meet you. Bob:D

cjbearden

Visitor
Thank you Bob & Patty
We would love to meet for lunch or dinner. Our plans are to arrive Oct. 1 and spend at least 4 months and possibly longer. My sister lives in Hemet and then I have a brother and wonderful sister-in-law in Chino. Holidays with family this year is going to be so great.

Ray is talking about winter to be in Indio. I have been comparing temps for Hemet and Indio - no way we would be there in the summer!!! Talked to my sis yesterday and she agrees it is pretty warm! LOL

I see SO Cal group is having a rally at Solvang in November. I absolutely love that place but as of right now not sure we can make it up there.

Bob&Patty

Thats Great. Will be looking forward to it.. We might get together and go down and visit Ray. Ya never know. Bob:D

Ray LeTourneau

Ray, Indio in the summer?? OUT here??.:eek: You must really like the heat. If you do work camp out here let us know. We are about 3 hours away. Love to meet you. Bob:D
No Way!!:eek: It would be a Winter stay. Nothings in stone yet. We have friends that have friends and Shadow Hills may be looking for workkampers. We've expressed an interest and we're waiting for a response. It also depends on weather or not we get an offer from our Park in Corpus Christi also. We worked there last year and were told they would want us this year. They should be letting us know. THen we have to decide which way to go.:confused: